These easy & cheesy beef enchiladas are one of my absolute favorite comfort meals! They’re loaded with flavor, warming to the body, and full of cheesy goodness. Beef enchiladas always seem hard to me, but they are actually so quick and easy to make. Also you only need a few main ingredients to make them, which is a plus! Perfect for your next Mexican themed dinner night!
What do you need to make the easy & cheesy beef enchiladas?
- Ground beef- We order all our meat from Belcampo and absolutely love their ground beef (you can use the code RADIANCE10 for 10% off). However, any ground beef will work great!
- Avocado oil- Avocado oil is great for cooking with high heat. We buy the giant Chosen Foods avocado oil from Costco and it’s amazing!
- White onion- This just adds some great flavor to the beef enchiladas.
- Homemade taco seasoning- Our go-to taco seasoning for everything. Tacos, fajitas, enchiladas, etc. It’s super versatile and a great one to keep in your rotation! You can definitely just use a packet as well!
- Red enchilada sauce- This Frontera one is our go-to, but you can use any you prefer or make your own!
- Flour tortillas- Classic flour tortillas taste the most authentic and are our personal favorite! You can use whole wheat, gluten free, or whatever tortilla you like. The all corn tortillas don’t hold up as well, so they might break if you try to use them.
- Shredded Mexican cheese- Shredded Mexican cheese blend is definitely the easiest option, but you can also just use a shredded cheddar. Feel free to buy a block of cheddar or colby jack and shred it yourself!
- Cilantro- I love cilantro so much, which I know so many don’t but if you do, so I load it on the topping! I forgot for the picture but added afterwards!
Tips for making them:
- If you want fuller enchiladas, use 4 tortillas and load them up. If you’d like them to be a little on the smaller side, use 6 tortillas!
- You can double or triple the taco seasoning to have leftover for another meal! That way you have seasoning ready to go and on hand, and you can use it anytime. Just use a couple tablespoons from it for the recipe.
If you love this one, then you may also love:
- Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
- Blackened Fish Tacos with Avocado Cilantro Sauce
- Easy Chicken Fajita Bake
Alright, let’s get to making the recipe! Enjoy!
Easy & Cheesy Beef Enchiladas
- 9×13 baking dish
- 1 lb ground beef
- ¼ white onion chopped
- 1 16oz package red enchilada sauce we used Frontera
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 4-6 flour or whole wheat tortillas
- cilantro for topping
For the Taco Seasoning:
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- Heat a pan with avocado oil at medium high heat
- Add in diced onion, ground beef, and taco seasoning. Saute until is browned and just about cooked through.
- Add in about 1/2 the bag (8oz) of enchilada sauce. MIx together and let simmer on low for a few more minutes and the beef is cooked though.
- Use 4-6 tortillas (depending on how full you like yours) and fill each tortilla with the beef mixture. Roll them up and place them seam side down in an oven-safe 9×13 baking dish.
- Once they are all rolled up, pour the rest of the enchilada sauce all over the tops of the tortillas. Cover in cheese to your heart’s content,
- Bake at 350F degrees for 8–10 minutes or until cheese is all melted.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cilantro, and maybe some salsa, avocado, sour cream , and romaine! Make it a party & enjoy!