These mini brie & fig bites are the cutest and most delicious popable appetizer! They come together quickly and you only need 4 ingredients! Puff pastry, brie, fig jam, and pecans. They’re easy as can be, looks fancy, yet are so simple. A perfect appetizer to bring to a party, to make at home, whatever you like! They’re so delicious with the combination of creamy brie, sweet fig jam, and crunchy pecans! Top with fresh rosemary to make them pop and look beautiful.
What you need to make mini brie & fig bites + substitutions:
- Brie- Brie is the best option here considering it’s baked brie and I wouldn’t substitute anything else. You can use a classic brie, but you could also use a double or triple creme brie if preferred. Trader Joe’s always has great cheese and the best prices.
- Fig jam- Anyone else obsessed with fig jam? Because I certainly am! The sweetness from the fig jam adds the most fabulous flavor with the brie. You should be able to find fig jam at all grocery stores. This is my favorite one! You could also use a different jam if you’d like. I think strawberry, apricot, or cranberry would be delicious.
- Roasted Walnuts- I personally would usually prefer roasted pecans here, however we only had walnuts! They were just as delicious and you can easily use either. I prefer my nuts toasted, but raw is just fine too for these mini brie & fig bites!
- Puff pastry- You can make your own puff pastry if you’re up for it! But honestly, I always go for store-bought here! It’s easy and always delicious. The puff pastry is basically like a warm hug around these mini brie & fig bites.
- Rosemary- The rosemary is optional but a beautiful garnish as a nice touch to make them look fancy even though they’re so simple!
If you love this, you may also love:
Mini Brie & Fig Bites
- 1 sheet of puff pasry
- 4-6 oz brie cheese chopped into cubes
- ½ cup fig jam
- ½ cup roasted walnuts chopped
- rosemary for garnish
- Thaw your puff pastry sheet overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat your oven to 375F degrees.
- Cut your puff pastry into 24 pieces. I used an 8oz brie cube but really only used 4-6oz. You don't want the pieces of brie to be too big or they'll spill out everywhere. So just cut 24 pieces out of about ½-⅔ of the brie round.
- In a HEAVILY sprayed and lined mini muffin tin, press each little puff pastry square into the 24 holes. Poke a fork in the bottom of each puff pastry a few times to allow holes for baking.
- Next, top each puff pastry with a brie cube, then about 1 tsp fig jam, and a sprinkle of chopped nuts.
- You can put the muffin tin on a baking sheet in case anything spills over.
- Bake in the oven for about 17-20 minutes until everything is melted and the puff pastry is slightly golden.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with flakey sea salt and garnish each cup with a sprig of rosemary.
- Remove the cups from the pan using a fork. Enjoy warm or at room temperature!