This red pepper & feta dip is an absolute dream! Salty, creamy, and bursting with vibrant flavors. It’s incredibly easy to make, but feels fancy. You just blend everything in a food processor and you’re done! I originally got this idea from my favorite local Greek restaurant, Stella’s. It’s a classic Greek dip traditionally called “htipiti” and it’s so delicious! A perfect appetizer or side to dip with pita bread, fresh veggies, or anything you’d like! Enjoy!
What you need to make red pepper & feta dip + substitutions:
- Feta- Feta is hands down one of my favorite cheeses! The feta that comes in the liquid is always the freshest and best tasting in my opinion. I also love the brand Dodoni so much. Of course, any feta will do just fine!
- Roasted red peppers- You have two options here. I actually use fire roasted red peppers but regular roasted red peppers are perfect as well! I did around 1/2 cup, and used about 1 1/2 red peppers which brought me a little over a 1/2 cup! The extra pepper in there was great, but you can totally do more of 1/2 cup if preferred.
- Olive oil- I wouldn’t substitute anything else here. Olive oil belongs in there and bonus points for a good extra-virgin olive oil if you have it!
- Lemon juice- The lemon juice balances out the saltiness and adds such a vibrant flavor!
- Dried oregano- This dip traditionally doesn’t always have dried oregano. However, I love it and it reminds me of Greek food. You can skip it if you like but I prefer it in there!
- Fresh parsley- Topping it off with fresh parsley just gives it that beautiful color and extra flavor! It’s also pretty if you garnish the serving plate with parsley like I did as well!
If you love this, you may also love:
Red Pepper & Feta Dip
- 8 oz feta cheese block
- ½-¾ cups fire roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ lemon juiced
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a food processor, break up your feta and add it in. If you don't have one, you can TRY making this with a mortar and pestle which is how it's traditionally made if you have one of those!
- Next, add the roasted red peppers, olive oil, lemon juice, dried oregano, a sprinkle of salt, and a pinch of black pepper.
- Blend until the mixture turns red and is incorporated. It will be a little gritty from the feta, but insanely delicious.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve with pita bread, fresh veggies like cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, celery, etc, and olives if you'd like!
Pingback: Mini Brie & Fig Bites - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Red Pepper & Feta Dip — Daddio’s Kitchen | My Meals are on Wheels
This is delicious! Even my 14 month old ate it. Thank you for sharing!
Yay, I’m so happy to hear that!! I ate it on repeat, so good and easy!
Pingback: Simple Greek Salad Dressing - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Super Bowl Recipes Roundup - Daddio's Kitchen