These hot turkey & cheese is the perfect upgraded lunch or even dinner! Especially in summer when you want dinner to be quick & easy! This sandwich is loaded with turkey, melty cheese, tomato, and the most delicious sauce. We paired it with a lightly dressed salad for a perfect meal!
What you need to make this hot turkey & cheese sandwich + substitutions:
- Whole wheat bread- We used Dave’s killer bread! We love that bread so much. It’s delicious, healthy, and the kids love it too. Sourdough is our favorite, but when I don’t feel like making it we always buy Dave’s and we usually find it as Costco!
- Turkey- You could use turkey or ham, but we did turkey in this one. We always buy Boar’s Head turkey, because it hands down tastes the best!
- Cheddar cheese- The cheddar cheese was the perfect addition to this sandwich. It got perfectly melty and fabulous. You could also use provolone or american!
- Butter- Our favorite butter for cooking is Kerrygold. It’s just has the best rich flavor, but of course you can use any butter. Adds a nice touch and richness to this hot turkey & cheese sandwich.
- Dijon- Our favorite dijon is the jar from Trader Joe’s. It’s so good! You can easily use yellow mustard, but we prefer dijon.
- Worcestershire- Adds a nice touch of salt and a perfect additional flavor to the sauce!
- Onion powder- You can skip this if you’d like but it definitely adds a great slight onion flavor.
- Poppy seeds- These are for sprinkling and add a little crunch and flavor. You can skip them if needed or desired, but they just add some fun to this sandwich!
If you love this, you may also love:
Hot Turkey & Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices dave's killer bread
- 2-3 slices turkey
- 1-2 slices cheddar cheese
- tomato sliced
- sprinkle of poppyseeds
- mixed greens with dressing of choice (on the side)
For the Sauce:
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the dijon, Worcestershire, and onion powder. Set aside.
- Take two slices of bread and coat the outsides with butter or olive oil.
- Then on the inside, coat each slice with the sauce mixture. Layer with turkey, cheese, and tomato.
- Heat a panini press or a pan, and sear each side until nice and golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with a side salad on mixed greens and dressing of choice. Enjoy!