These ham & cheese sliders are a serious crowd pleaser. Perfect for an appetizer, an easy dinner, or even lunch. They’re a great dish to bring to a get together or for game day! The kids went crazy over them! There are so many versions out there, but we did our version and it’s safe to say they’re fabulous!
What you need to make ham & cheese sliders + substitutions:
- Hawaiian rolls- These Hawaiian rolls work so well for this dish. We got them from Kroger, but you can find them all over. They’re soft and delicious and pair perfectly with the ham and cheese.
- Ham- We used black forest deli ham. My favorite deli meat is hands down the freshly sliced meat from Whole Foods. I think it just tastes so much better freshly cut than already packaged. But you can use whatever ham you like! You could also use turkey if you prefer, but the ham is pretty dang good.
- Provolone- We loved provolone in these, but you can use another cheese if you prefer.
- Butter- Our favorite butter for cooking is Kerrygold. It’s just has the best rich flavor, but of course you can use any butter. Adds a nice touch and richness to these ham & cheese sliders.
- Dijon- Our favorite dijon is the jar from Trader Joe’s. It’s so good! You can easily use yellow mustard, but we prefer dijon.
- Worcestershire- Adds a nice touch of salt and a perfect additional flavor.
- Onion powder- You can skip this if you’d like but it definitely adds a great slight onion flavor.
- Poppy seeds- These are for sprinkling and add a little crunch and flavor. You can skip them if needed or desired.
If you love this, you may also love:
- Chicken Tenders with Honey Mustard Sauce
- Crockpot BBQ Pulled Pork & Coleslaw
- Bacon and Gouda Mac & Cheese
Ham & Cheese Sliders
- 9×13 or 9×9 baking pan
- 12 Hawaiian rolls
- ½ lb sliced deli ham we used black forest
- ½ lb provolone cheese
- 6 tbsp butter salted or unsalted
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- poppy seeds for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- Slice your Hawaiian rolls in half lengthwise. Place the bottom half of the rolls in a 9×13 pan.
- Top with ham slices and make sure to cover the whole bottom. Then add the cheese. Cover with the top of the rolls.
- In a small saucepan, melt together the butter, dijon, Worcestershire, onion powder, sea salt and pepper.
- Using a basting brush or something similar, brush the butter mixture all over the top of the rolls. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Cover the rolls with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the foil, and let cook for another 3-5 minutes until the top are nice and golden brown.
- Slice and enjoy!