In my opinion, you can’t go wrong with anything chocolate and peanut butter. I could live off the combo and have loved it since I was a little girl! These peanut butter cups are so ridiculously easy, and they make for a much more customizable version of the name brand options out there. Just three ingredients to make the best and simplest peanut butter cups!
What you need to make peanut butter cups + substitutions:
- Chocolate Chips- You can use whatever you prefer. Dark, milk, semi-sweet, a mix, up to you!
- Ghee- I love using ghee for the rich and delicious flavor it adds to desserts, especially Fourth & Heart brand ghee. You can use butter or coconut oil instead.
- Peanut butter- I love using chunky, but creamy is great too! I prefer peanut butter with just peanuts and sea salt, but any kind works. You can also substitute with any kind of nut or seed butter (Nuttzo has great products for a mix of nut/seed butters!).
Tips for making peanut butter cups:
- Use silicone baking liners- I love these liners that I got on Amazon. They’re the best for reusing!
- Regular sized vs mini sized- I love giant, thick peanut butter cups but you can easily make 24 mini cups as well.
Alright, let’s get to making the recipe! Enjoy friends!
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cups
- Muffin Tin
- Small Saucepan
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring Cup
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- Line a regular sized muffin tin with 12 liners. On the stovetop or in the microwave, heat the chocolate and ghee until melted together.
- Pour a small layer of chocolate on the bottom of each liner and push up the sides a little bit so it will close in the peanut butter.
- Freeze for 5-10 minutes until the chocolate hardens.
- Top each cup with about 1 tbsp peanut butter.
- Lastly, cover each cup with more chocolate.
- Place them in the freezer for at least 20-30 minutes until the chocolate hardens.
Want more delicious desserts?
You’re in the right place! Here are some of our dessert favorite recipes, including chocolate peanut butter combos!