These are the best easy yogurt overnight oats to prep the night before and enjoy in the morning for a quick and easy breakfast! My favorite way to enjoy overnight oats is hands down with yogurt added. It not only adds protein, but it also gives it the BEST thick and cream consistency! If you’ve been afraid of overnight oats or haven’t tried them with yogurt, give these a try!
What is overnight oatmeal?
Overnight oatmeal is basically just oatmeal soaked overnight in the fridge making an easy breakfast! Some people like to warm it up, but I honestly prefer it cold especially with the yogurt. You can prep multiple ahead of time so you have an easy breakfast ready to go for you all week!
What you need to make easy yogurt overnight oatmeal + substitutions:
- Rolled oats- I love using rolled oats for overnight oats! They soak up the yogurt so well and add a bit more texture than quick oats would give!
- Greek yogurt- I used the plain Fage 5% yogurt! I also love their 2%, Siggi’s vanilla or even dairy free would work here. Just use whatever you buy and you love!
- Cashew milk- Feel free to substitute with another milk like almond, soy, oat, dairy or whatever you prefer! You can also easily use water here since you get the creamy goodness from the yogurt.
- Ground flaxseeds- I love the texture or ground flax and I feel like they don’t get as jelly-like as chia seeds. But you can also substitute with chia seeds as well! Adds some wonderful nutrients to this easy yogurt overnight oatmeal.
- Raw honey- You can use 1-2 tsp depending on sweet you like yours! You could also start with 1 tsp and then top with an extra drizzle if you want it sweeter. You could also use maple syrup or brown sugar.
- Cinnamon– I just love cinnamon in any baked recipe. This just adds a nice little touch!
- Sea salt- I don’t make anything without salt. It’s what helps bring the flavor out in a recipe.
If you love these, you may also love:
Alright, let’s get to making the recipe! Enjoy!
Easy Yogurt Overnight Oats
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cups plain greek yogurt
- ⅓-½ cup cashew milk or milk of choice
- 1 tsp ground flax seeds
- 1-2 tsp raw honey
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- fruit & nut butter for topping
- In a mason jar, tupperware or something with a lid, mix together all ingredients except for the toppings. If you like them thicker, do ⅓ cup milk, if you like them a little on the thinner side, use ½ cup milk! Store in the fridge overnight. In the morning, top with berries & nut butter and enjoy!
- Another option is to go ahead and mix in about ⅓-½ cup of berries (fresh or frozen)! Top with nut butter in the morning! Last option, go ahead and add the berries AND the nut butter in so you don't have to do anything in the morning! Just grab from the fridge and enjoy!
- Top with blueberries, peanut butter, and feel free to add some lemon zest to give it a blueberry muffin flavor!