These easy freezer breakfast burritos are absolutely delicious and perfect to have on hand when you need a quick meal! Simply heat & enjoy! We’re starting to prep some things for when baby boy comes & these are so convenient to have on hand. You have a simple base and then you can dress them up with whatever you like: avocado, salsa, greek yogurt, cilantro, you name it!
What you need to make easy freezer breakfast burritos + substitutions:
- Burrito sized tortillas- You want to make sure you use big burrito-sized wraps for these so you’re able to fit everything inside! This will make it easier to wrap and freeze without spilling out. You want your burritos to be in 10-12″ range for size.
- Eggs- We used eggs because they are breakfast burritos! We kept it simple, but you could also add sausage or bacon if you’d like!
- Milk- Adding just a little milk, heavy cream, half & half, or even unsweetened nut milk to the eggs just prevents them from getting rubbery when reheating the burritos.
- Butter- We always cook our eggs in butter, because that’s what we prefer. You could also use ghee, oil, whatever you usually use. Kerrygold butter is hands down our favorite!
- Cheddar cheese- Any cheese of your liking also works here. We went with a block of cheddar cheese. You could easily do something else and you can also use slices if you prefer! A must in these easy freezer breakfast burritos.
- Bell peppers & onion- We wanted to add in some veggies so that’s why we added the peppers and onions. You could choose other vegetables if you prefer for these easy freezer breakfast burritos.
- Sea salt & pepper- The key to making everything taste good. Simple is best!
- Optional: I also did a version where we added cooked and cooled bacon + spinach instead of the peppers and onions.
If you love this, you may also love:
Easy Freezer Breakfast Burritos
- 6 burrito-sized tortillas (10-12" size)
- 12 eggs
- whole milk or half and half, heavy cream, or unsweetened nut milk
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 8oz block cheddar cheese or 6-12 slices
- 1-2 bell peppers diced
- ½-1 white onion diced
Alternate Option for Filling (instead of peppers & onions):
- bacon cooked & cooled
- greek yogurt or sour cream
- Start by dicing your peppers and onions into cubes. Heat a large skillet with avocado oil. Throw in your peppers and onions. Season with a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cook down until they're cooked to your liking. Set aside and let cool completely.
- Next, in a medium bowl, whisk together your eggs with milk, salt and pepper. Heat the same pan (remove the veggies and set aside) or grab a new pan. Heat the pan with butter. Add in the eggs. Cook until done and remove from pan to cool.
- Make sure the eggs and pepper/ onion mixture are cooled completely!
- Lay out your tortilla (it's easiest if you go ahead and put it on a piece of foil so you don't have to transfer it), add your cheese. It works best if you add the sliced cheese first to prevent the tortilla from getting soggy.
- Next, add on your eggs (1/6 of the mixture) and about ¼ cup of the veggie mixture. Roll up your burrito in a tight wrap. Fold the sides over the filling and then roll up from the bottom. Wrap the burrito in foil tightly. Repeat for the other 5 burritos.
- Optional: If you choose the bacon and spinach filling. Cook & cool your bacon per your preference. After you add on the eggs to the burrito, top with bacon, and spinach. Roll it up and follow the rest of the directions.
- It's best if you freeze the burritos in a single layer for about an hour in the freezer first and THEN add to your freezer bag. It just helps them to freeze in a more uniform shape!
- Thaw your burrito in the fridge overnight. Place your burrito on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 350F for 15-20 minutes. Or heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until warmed through! Add your toppings of choice and enjoy!