Blender oatmeal banana pancakes are basically exactly like they sound! It’s like a bowl of oatmeal in pancake form. They’re hearty, fluffy, and delicious! My kids devour them and eat them all the time, which is nice since they won’t eat basically any of the ingredients otherwise. You can add the spinach and make them, but it’s totally optional.
What do you need to make blender oatmeal banana pancakes?
- Oats- Since you’re blending the pancakes, it really doesn’t matter if you choose quick oats or rolled oats. Steel cut oats won’t work though! My favorite oats are the brand One Degree Organic because they’re sprouted and easier to digest. I usually get them from Thrive Market (for a cheaper price) or sometimes I’m able to find them at Costco!
- Banana- I haven’t tried subbing with anything else. Banana gives it just enough sweetness and creaminess. I’m pretty positive about 1/3 cup applesauce, canned pumpkin, or sweet potato would work, but you might want to add in a little honey or maple syrup.
- Egg- The egg helps bind the recipe. You could substitute with a flax or chia egg in these blender oatmeal banana pancakes.
- Whole milk- I prefer to use our local raw milk. We are very obsessed. Here’s an article about the benefits of raw milk. I love that it adds some protein. You can definitely substitute with any dairy or non-dairy milk!
- Spinach- The spinach is TOTALLY optional! Feel free to leave it out, but it’s just fun to add a little extra goodness and the green is fun for the kids (at least most days haha). I promise you don’t taste it! Made with spinach pictured below.
- Hemp seeds or flaxseeds- I love adding these in because my kids don’t eat either of these otherwise!
- Baking powder- Baking powder helps the pancakes to rise.
- Cinnamon- I love cinnamon so much and add it to basically anything and everything. It also helps to balance blood sugar.
- Vanilla extract- A key to any baked recipe in my opinion.
- Sea salt- I don’t bake anything without salt. It’s what helps bring the flavor out in a recipe. Redmond sea salt is our favorite and we buy it in bulk. You can use the code daddioskitchen for 15% off!
Tips for making them:
You can totally also bake these in the oven- If you want to make these even easier, pour the batter in a greased 8×8 pan and bake at 350F degrees until cooked (probably 8-10 minutes) OR triple the recipe and use a sheet pan!
If you love these, you may also love:
Alright, let’s get to making the recipe! Enjoy friends!
Blender Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
- Mixing bowl
- 1 cup rolled or quick oats
- 1 spotty banana
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup whole milk or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds or flax seeds
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 1 scoop collagen (optional)
- handful of fresh spinach (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter or coconut oil for cooking
- In a blender, add in all ingredients (except butter) and blend until smooth! The batter will thicken as it sits. Sometimes I add a splash more while some of the pancakes are cooking to thin it a little.
- In a large skillet, heat butter until starts to bubble. Add ¼ cup pancake batter at a time to make pancakes.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter. Makes about 9-10 pancakes.
- Serve however you like! I usually add an additional layer of coconut oil or butter on the pancakes and serve with fruit & maple syrup. Enjoy!