This chicken and veggie red curry is an easy-to-follow recipe that combines chicken, vegetables, and aromatic red curry sauce for a mouthwatering dish that’s perfect for a cozy dinner in. You won’t even want takeout! The creamy coconut milk base creates a luscious sauce that perfectly complements the red curry paste. Serve it over jasmine rice for a cozy & satisfying meal!
What you need to make this chicken & veggie red curry + substitutions:
- Chicken breasts- We cubed chicken breasts because we had them thawed. Thighs are a great alternative to chicken breasts when you want extra flavor. We love getting ours from here!
- Coconut milk- Adds the creamy richness to the red curry paste.
- Red curry paste- We buy the Thai kitchen red curry paste and it is so good and makes the dish even easier to flavor. They even make a green curry paste as well.
- Yellow onion- Yellow onions are our go to cooking onions because they are able to handle high heat. Once they are cooked, they release a sweet flavor and add such a nice flavor to this dish.
- Rice- We used Jasmine rice since we had it on hand but any rice would work.
- Garlic cloves- Chopped fresh garlic adds great flavoring.
- Green onions- Green onions are not necessary but I think it makes the dish much better.
- Cilantro- Fresh cilantro adds a fresh and zesty flavor to this chicken & rice Mexican skillet.
- Sea salt- Our go-to sea salt is from Redmond always. We buy it in bulk from their website. It’s unrefined sea salt meaning that it still contains the beneficial trace minerals! It’s also pure and unprocessed with is the best. You can use the code daddioskitchen for 15% off on their website.
- Black pepper- Whaile the red curry paste provides a delightful heat, the black pepper steps in to provide a more nuanced and grounded spiciness.
- Lime- We squeeze fresh lime juice because its tangy brightness and natural acidity balances out the richness of the coconut milk and red curry paste.
If you love this, you may also love:
Alright friends, let’s get to making this recipe!
Chicken & Veggie Red Curry
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2-3 chicken breasts or thighs cubed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1-2 cup green beans chopped into 2-3 pieces
- 3-4 garlic cloves chopped
- 13.5 oz can of coconut milk
- 4 oz red curry paste
- ½ lime juice squeezed
- 2-3 green onions mixed in and for garnish
- jasmine rice
- cilantro for garnish
- green onions chopped
- Heat your pan or wok on medium high heat. Then add 1 tbsp of avocado oil.
- Add the cubed chicken to the pan and season with the sea salt and black pepper. Cook until no longer pink for 5-7 minutes. Once cooked remove the chicken to a separate bowl.
- Lower the heat on the pan and add your another tbsp of oil, onions, bell peppers, green beans, and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and let it simmer for 1-2 minutes. Begin to stir in the red curry paste and saute until fragrant for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix everything well and add your cubed chicken. Toss in the desired amount of chopped green onions (we did about 2 tbsp) and fresh lime juice.
- Spoon the red curry over cooked rice and top with green onions and fresh cilantro for garnish. Enjoy!