This chicken & veggie green curry is cozy, hearty, and loaded with flavor! It’s a personal favorite of mine and so easy. It can be made on the stovetop or in the crockpot, it’s up to you. The dish is filled with chicken, veggies, and the most delicious sauce. Serve it over some jasmine rice for a filling and satisfying dinner!
What you need to make chicken & veggie green curry + substitutions:
- Chicken breasts- The chicken breast adds some nice protein and flavor. You could do vegetarian if needed, but highly suggest the chicken! Also, chicken thighs would work great here as well!
- Broccoli- I love adding broccoli to dishes like this. It adds some nice crunch, color, and heartiness.
- Bell peppers- These add color, flavor, texture, and go great in Thai dishes.
- Green beans- The green beans are optional, but if I have them I love throwing them in!
- Onions- Onions are always a winner to help bring extra flavor!
- Fresh ginger- You can use fresh or I also love using those frozen ginger cubes as well.
- Garlic- Fresh garlic is preferred here, but if needed, you can use garlic powder. I’d use about 1 tsp!
- Avocado oil- We always cook high heat foods with avocado oil. It’s great for high heat, and it works beautifully in this dish. It’s also quite a neutral oil, so you don’t typically notice it!
- Coconut milk- Full fat coconut milk is definitely my preference here! It just tastes so much better and has such a good flavor and plenty of amazing nutrient benefits!
- Green curry paste- This is what makes the whole dish! It’s perfectly flavored and is delicious. I use this brand and love it!
- Fish sauce- The fish sauce adds a nice touch and really brings out the flavor.
If you love this, you may also love:
Chicken & Veggie Green Curry
This chicken & veggie green curry is cozy, hearty, and loaded with flavor! It's a personal favorite of mine and so easy. It can be made on the stovetop or in the crockpot, it's up to you. The dish is filled with chicken, veggies, and the most delicious sauce. Serve it over some jasmine rice for a filling and satisfying dinner!
- 3 chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 2-3 heads of broccoli chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup green beans chopped
- 1 small yellow onion sliced into strips
- 2 in fresh ginger chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped
- 13.5 oz can of full-fat coconut milk
- 4 oz jar green curry paste i use this brand
- few dashes of fish sauce not required but adds such a great flavor
- ½ lime juiced
- avocado oil
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- jasmine rice
- Start by chopping everything up & cubing the chicken. Heat a wok or a large skillet with avocado oil.
- Add in the chicken & season with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken on medium heat until it's is basically cooked through. Then, using a slotted spoon, spoon out the chicken into a separate bowl.
- In the same pan, add in the garlic & ginger and let cook for a minute. Then add in all the veggies, more avocado oil if needed, and salt & pepper. Cook until the veggies have softened to your liking.
- Next, add the chicken back into the pan. Stir it all up. Add in the coconut milk & curry paste. Mix everything together until the paste is incorporated. Add a few dashes of fish sauce if you're using it. Squeeze in the lime. Bring it to a light boil, and then reduce the heat to simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Serve it over rice & enjoy!
For the Crockpot Version:
- If you'd like to make this dish in the crockpot, it works wonderfully!
- Turn your crockpot to low heat, and start by adding the coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, lime juice, and a sprinkle of sea salt. Stir it until it's mixed together. If the coconut milk is separated, the heat from the crockpot should help it mix easier.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with sea salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the crockpot and submerge in the sauce. Let it cook for 5-6 hours until the chicken easily shreds.
- In the last hour or 30 minutes, probably hour 5 add in all then chopped veggies. If you want them softer let them cook an hour or if you want them less soft then give them 30 minutes. Mix them into the sauce mixture and let cook down.
- Once everything is done, take the chicken out, shreds with two forks and put it back into the crockpot. Give it a nice mix and serve over jasmine rice!
For Storing: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. For Freezing: This meal is perfect for freezing! Freeze the curry in a freezer bag in for up to 3 months. Thaw and heat to serve! You can also freeze the rice in a separate bag and reheat as well!
Pingback: January Cook at Home Challenge
This looks incredible and I’m so anxious to try it out! I already have a jar of red curry paste on hand, would that be an ok swap out for the green curry paste?
Yay so glad!! Yep, no problem at all 🙂 I have a red curry recipe too but you can easily just substitute it for this recipe!
Pingback: Postpartum Meal Prep Guide - Daddio's Kitchen