This quick Thai chicken basil dish comes together so quickly & is the perfect weeknight meal! Minimal ingredients and full of flavor! The next time you’re craving something quick, delicious, and Thai flavored, you must make this! We love to serve this one over white jasmine rice. We make our rice the same way as this recipe just without the turmeric. Enjoy!
What you need to make quick Thai chicken basil + substitutions:
- Chicken breasts- The chicken breast adds some nice protein and flavor. We prefer using chicken breasts, and the key is to make sure you slice it thinly so it cooks quickly.
- Red bell pepper- The bell pepper adds color, flavor, texture, and goes great in Thai dishes. You can add extra if you prefer more veggies.
- White onion- Onions are always a winner to help bring extra flavor!
- Garlic- Fresh garlic is preferred here, but if needed, you can use garlic powder. I’d use about 1 tsp!
- Avocado oil- We always cook high heat foods with avocado oil. It’s great for high heat, and it works beautifully in this dish. It’s also quite a neutral oil, so you don’t typically notice it!
- Soy sauce- Soy sauce adds flavor and saltiness. A key ingredients in this quick Thai chicken basil dish.
- Fish sauce- The fish sauce adds a nice touch and really brings out the flavor.
- Oyster sauce- Thomas always does a mix of soy, fish, and oyster sauce.
- Thai basil– The Thai basil adds the nice fresh green and flavor! It does have to be Thai basil and not regular basil. It makes a difference. You can actually use cilantro as well if preferred, it’s delicious too!
- Sea salt- The key to everything!
Things we used:
- Lodge Wok Pan- We LOVE this pan! It is a favorite and we use it basically every time we make an Asian dish!
If you love this, you may also love:
Quick Thai Chicken Basil
- 1 lb chicken breasts sliced thinly
- 2-3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 white onion sliced into strips
- 3-4 fresh garlic minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1½ tsp fish sauce
- 2-4 tbsp fresh Thai basil
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat your wok or pan. Add avocado oil once it's warmed.
- Next, add in the peppers, onions, and a sprinkle of sea salt. Let cook down until softened. About 5-7 minutes.
- Push veggies aside and then add in the sliced chicken. The key is to have the chicken sliced thin so it cooks quickly. Pour on the sauce all over the chicken and veggies.
- Season with sea salt. Cook until the chicken is cooked through completely. And then mix everything together.
- Add in the Thai basil. Serve with jasmine rice and enjoy!