Apple pie overnight oats are one of the best breakfasts! Full of flavor and will keep you satisfied. Tastes like dessert, but is made with real ingredients that will make you feel good! You can use regular apples, but the sautéed ones elevate it so much! Loaded with oats, yogurt, applesauce, almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, and spices. Enjoy!
What are overnight oats?
Overnight oats are basically just oatmeal soaked overnight in the fridge making an easy breakfast! Some people like to warm it up, but I honestly prefer it cold especially with the yogurt. You can prep multiple ahead of time so you have an easy breakfast ready to go for you all week!
What you need to make them + substitutions:
- Rolled oats- I love using rolled oats for overnight oats! They soak up the yogurt so well and add a bit more texture than quick oats would give! However, you can use either.
- Greek yogurt- I used the plain Fage 5% yogurt! I also love their 2%, Siggi’s vanilla or even dairy free would work here. Just use whatever you buy and you love!
- Applesauce- I use applesauce here to add a little more apple flavor. If you don’t have any you can just replace with an additional 1/4 of yogurt.
- Almond milk- Feel free to substitute with another milk like cashew, soy, oat, whole milk or whatever you prefer! You can also easily use water here if needed since you get the creamy goodness from the yogurt.
- Maple syrup- You could also substitute with honey or brown sugar.
- Chia seeds- I love the texture and thickness that the chia seeds add. You can also substitute with ground flax seeds as well! The chia seeds add some wonderful nutrients as well!
- Apple pie spice- If you don’t have apple pie spice, then you can always make your own. Or you can substitute with 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp nutmeg. Gives a nice spice to these apple pie overnight oats
- Sea salt- I don’t make anything without salt. It’s what helps bring the flavor out in a recipe.
If you love these, you may also love:
Alright, let’s get to making the recipe! Enjoy!
Apple Pie Overnight Oats
For the Oats:
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup almond milk or milk of choice
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup applesauce (you can also just use all yogurt if don't have applesauce)
- ½-1 tbsp maple syrup depending on your preference
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp apple pie spice or ½ tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp nutmeg, pinch of ginger
- pinch of sea salt
For the Sautéed Apples:
- 1 small apple chopped
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- In a mason jar, tupperware, or something with a lid, mix together all ingredients together! Store in the fridge overnight.
- If you like your oats thicker, do ⅓ cup milk, if you like them a little on the thinner side, use ½ cup milk!
- You can either just use chopped apples and mix some in or put on top. OR you can make sautéed apples like below.
- To make the apples, heat coconut oil in a pan. Add in apples and cinnamon. Sauté until your desired softness. Top the oats with the apples and enjoy!