Pumpkin spice overnight oats are obviously perfect for the fall! They are thick, creamy, and so satisfying! I literally go to bed dreaming about them. These oats are filled with oats, pure pumpkin, yogurt, almond milk, chia seeds, pumpkin pie spice, and a little maple syrup for sweetness. They truly taste like dessert for breakfast and I just love them so much!
What are overnight oats?
Overnight oats are basically just oatmeal soaked overnight in the fridge making an easy breakfast! Some people like to warm it up, but I honestly prefer it cold especially with the yogurt. You can prep multiple ahead of time so you have an easy breakfast ready to go for you all week!
What you need to make pumpkin spice overnight oats + substitutions:
- Rolled oats- I love using rolled oats for overnight oats! They soak up the yogurt so well and add a bit more texture than quick oats would give! However, you can use either.
- Greek yogurt- I used the plain Fage 5% yogurt! I also love their 2%, Siggi’s vanilla or even dairy free would work here. Just use whatever you buy and you love!
- Pure pumpkin- Make sure to use pure canned pumpkin! Just check the label so the ingredients are just pumpkin. You don’t want to use pumpkin pie filling. I mean you could but that would really make this like dessert!
- Almond milk- Feel free to substitute with another milk like cashew, soy, oat, whole milk or whatever you prefer! You can also easily use water here if needed since you get the creamy goodness from the yogurt.
- Chia seeds- I love the texture and thickness that the chia seeds add. You can also substitute with ground flax seeds as well! The chia seeds add some wonderful nutrients as well!
- Maple syrup- You could also substitute with honey or brown sugar.
- Pumpkin pie spice– Definitely gives it the pumpkin spice flavor. If you don’t have any, you can make your own.
- Sea salt- I don’t make anything without salt. It’s what helps bring the flavor out in a recipe.
If you love these overnight oats, you may also love:
Alright, let’s get to making the recipe! Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup pure canned pumpkin
- ⅓ cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of sea salt
- In a mason jar, tupperware, or something with a lid, mix together all ingredients together!
- If you like your oats thicker, do ⅓ cup milk, if you like them a little on the thinner side, use ½ cup milk!
- Store in the fridge overnight. In the morning, top with banana, peanut butter, cinnamon, or whatever you want. If you like them a little sweeter, add a drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!