Blender spinach oatmeal pancakes are basically exactly like they sound! Don’t let the spinach scare you, I PROMISE you do not taste it! You can also totally omit it if it freaks you out. Just a fun way to add a little green and especially for the kids. Noah devours them and it depends on the day for T, because we are going through a picky food stage, but I even love them too! It’s like a bowl of oatmeal in pancake form. They’re hearty, fluffy, and delicious!
All you have to do is throw everything in the blender, cook it in the pan, and then you’ve got breakfast! I also LOVE to double or triple the recipe so I have extras for the week. They last in the fridge for a good bit, and freeze wonderfully! They’d be a great and fun pancake to make for St. Patrick’s Day too! Enjoy!
What do you need to make blender spinach oatmeal pancakes?
- Oats- Since you’re blending the pancakes, it really doesn’t matter which one you choose! Steel cut oats won’t work though!
- Banana- I haven’t tried subbing with anything else. Banana gives it just enough sweetness and creaminess. Maybe about 1/3 cup applesauce may work, but you might want to add in a little honey or maple syrup.
- Egg- The egg helps bind the recipe. You could substitute with a flax or chia egg.
- Almond milk- You can definitely substitute with any milk you prefer: dairy, cashew, oat, soy, etc!
- Spinach- The spinach is TOTALLY optional! Feel free to leave it out, but it’s just fun to add a little extra goodness and the green is fun for the kids (at least most days haha). I promise you don’t taste it!!
- Baking powder- Baking powder helps the pancakes to rise.
- Cinnamon- I love cinnamon so much and add it to basically anything and everything.
- Vanilla extract- A key to any baked recipe in my opinion.
- Sea salt- I don’t bake anything without salt. It’s what helps bring the flavor out in a recipe.
Tips for making them:
- Quick oats vs rolled oats- It really doesn’t matter since you are blending them!
- Make sure the batter is pretty thick- When the batter is thicker, it will give you a puffier/ thicker pancake but you don’t want it TOO thick. You can always add more or less milk depending on the consistency you prefer!
- You can totally also bake these in the oven- If you want to make these even easier, pour the batter in a greased 8×8 pan and bake at 350F degrees until cooked (probably 8-10 minutes) OR triple the recipe and use a sheet pan!
Alright, let’s get to making the recipe! Enjoy friends!
Blender Spinach Oatmeal Pancakes
- Mixing bowl
- 1 cup rolled or quick oats
- 1 spotty banana
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk of choice
- handful of fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds optional
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 1 tablespoon butter more if needed
- In a blender, add in all ingredients (except butter) and blend until smooth!
- In a large skillet, heat butter until starts to bubble. Add ¼ cup pancake batter at a time to make pancakes.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter. Makes about 10-12 pancakes.
- Serve with toppings of your choice! I love peanut butter & honey (pictured above) or maple syrup. Enjoy!