Baked loaded veggie pasta is cheesy, dreamy, yummy goodness! Such a simple meal that can easily be made ahead! Takes such a short time to throw together, and is one of those meals that will make everyone’s bellies happy! We used pasta made from yellow peas making it packed with protein and fiber, as well as gluten-free! You can use whatever you like! It’s up to you. You could add in ground beef or more veggies, have fun with it! Such a simple meal with so much flavor. This one will definitely be a go-to around here!
What do you need to make baked loaded veggie pasta?
- Penne pasta- We used this pasta and loved it! It’s made with yellow peas and is loaded with protein and fiber. It’s also a great gluten-free alternative if you need that! However, any penne pasta will work great!
- Marinara Sauce- For this baked loaded veggie pasta dish, used this sauce that was delicious! It also added in some extra veggie goodness! Use whatever your favorite sauce is! We also love this one, such a go-to and we usually buy the big ones from Costco.
- Mozzarella- The shredded mozzarella just melts right in making the cheesy, dreamy, delicious goodness. You could also use fresh mozzarella if you prefer!
- Parmesan– You can use fresh parmesan, like we did, and grate it yourself. You can also buy the already grated to save even more time. Pecorino romano would work wonderfully too!
- Fresh Basil- You can sprinkle with either fresh basil or fresh italian parsley! Fresh herbs just give a beautiful color pop and flavor pop to this baked pasta! If you need to, dried herbs are fine as well!
If you love this baked loaded veggie pasta, you may also love:
- Whole Wheat Pasta with Sauteed Veggies & Chicken Sausage
- Orecchiette Pasta with Italian Sausage
- Shrimp Penne Pasta
Baked Loaded Veggie Pasta
- 12 oz penne pasta
- 12 oz marinara sauce
- 1½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- ½ tsp sea salt more or less to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Bring pot of water and a shake of salt to a rolling boil. Once boiling, add in pasta and cook until al dente (about 5-7 minutes).
- Drain pasta once it's al dente, and then pour it back into the pot. Add in sauce, salt and pepper and mix until incorporated.
- In a 9×9 or 8×8 dish, add half the pasta to the bottom on the pan in a layer. Sprinkle on about ½ of the shredded mozzarella.
- Add the rest of the pasta on top in a layer. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and the parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and everything is nice and warm!
- When it's done, sprinkle with freshly chopped basil. Enjoy!