This recipe is inspired by Giada De Laurentiis!
-1 lb penne pasta
-1/4 cup olive oil
-1 lb medium shrimp (peeled & deveined)
-4 cloves of garlic, minced
-1 can whole tomatoes, chopped
-1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
-1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
-1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
-1/2 cup parmesan, grated
-red pepper flakes + sea salt + black pepper
- Cook pasta in a boiling pot of water
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes until al dente
- Drain & set aside
- In a skillet, heat the oil & add in the shrimp & garlic and season with sea salt & black pepper
- Cook until the shrimp is cooked through (about 3 min)
- Once cooked, take out and set aside.
- To the same pan, add the tomatoes, and half the basil & parsley
- Cook for a couple minutes and then add in the heavy cream
- Bring it to a boiling and reduce the heat to simmer for about 7-8 minutes
- Add half of the parmesan, the shrimp, the pasta, and the rest of the basil & parsley.
- Toss until everything is mixed together & season with more sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Sprinkle with the rest of the parmesan & serve!
We paired ours with an arugula salad and some wine. Enjoy!