No churn funfetti ice cream is such an easy treat that is BEYOND delicious! It is incredibly rich and the perfect mix of cake and ice cream. Such a fun and festive flavor! The ice cream is incredibly easy to make with only 3 ingredients required for the base. You can easily customize it to make it how you like it! I have a few other flavors on my blog, but this funfetti one is a real treat!
I have four other flavors on my blog that are absolutely delicious: cookie dough, cookies & cream version, chocolate fudge brownie, and mint chocolate chip! This post also gives you tips on what to use to make the base dairy-free if you need that! I also share the tips for dairy-free in the list below!
What you need for no churn funfetti ice cream:
- Heavy cream- Heavy cream is a key ingredient here. This is what makes it fluff up and the milk base. I have substituted with this Silk heavy whipping cream as a dairy-free alternative and it worked great. It was the best option I could find. I have found it at both Target and Walmart, but I don’t think it’s sold everywhere!
- Sweetened condensed milk- I used just regular sweetened condensed milk. This is what gives it the sweetness and richness and it’s so dang good. For dairy free, I’ve substituted with this sweetened condensed coconut milk that I ordered on Amazon that worked great!
- Funfetti snack cake/ cookies- Here is where you have options! I used my funfetti snack cake chopped up for this recipe, but you can also use my funfetti cookies. Both will work great! The trick is that I already had leftovers of both of these in the freezer. So when I made the ice cream, I just went ahead and thawed a few pieces of cake and then chopped it up when it was thawed. With the icing on it and everything. It worked perfectly!!
- Vanilla extract- This just adds that perfect vanilla hint.
- Sea salt- Sea salt brings out the flavor in the ice cream. I never bake without it!
Tips for making:
- Make sure your bowl that you’re going to whipping in is cold! I always use stainless because I feel like it chills better, but this helps the whipping cream whip. I put my bowl in the fridge for about 30 minutes before starting! This isn’t required but it does help it to whip up nicely.
- I LOVE these containers that I found on Amazon! I store my ice cream in here and it fills up about 1.5 containers. The recipe yields about 48oz of ice cream or about 6 cups total.
- You can totally divide the base recipe in half into two bowls before adding in the funfetti cake. You could do half and half so you have a funfetti flavor and then vanilla or any other add-ins!
Alright, let’s get to making it! Enjoy!
No Churn Funfetti Ice Cream
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups funfetti snack cake or funfetti cookies chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- To start, in a large mixing bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Next, using a stand mixer (with the whisk attachment) or a hand mixer, whip the chilled heavy cream on high until firm peaks form.
- Add about 1 cup of the whipped cream to the condensed milk mixture and fold them together using a rubber spatula. Once it’s mostly incorporated, add in the rest of the whipped cream.
- Fold together gently until nice & smooth.
- Next, add in the chopped cake or cookies. I used cake. I already had it frozen in my freezer and I just thawed the cake on the counter for a few hours! Then, I chopped it up and added it right into the cream mixture with the icing and all.
- Fold the cake in with a rubber spatula. Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container. I love these containers (they are 32oz each) and mine filled up 1½ containers. The ice cream yields about 48oz of ice cream.
- Store in the freezer for 8-10 hours or overnight until completely frozen. Enjoy!
Pingback: No Churn Cookies & Cream Ice Cream - Daddio's Kitchen