These Florida Orange smoothie pops are such a fun healthy dessert for kids and honestly anyone! They’re loaded with vitamins, nutrients, and deliciousness! These pops are easy to make with only five simple ingredients. All you need is Florida Oranges, Greek yogurt, almond milk, honey and turmeric powder. I make the boys smoothie pops all the time, because neither one of them really love smoothies. However, when I pour it in a popsicle mold, they are obsessed! I am so excited to have the opportunity to partner up with the Florida Department of Citrus to bring you this recipe using the sweetest Florida Oranges!
What you need to make Florida Orange smoothie pops + substitutions if needed:
- Florida Oranges- I used the sweetest and most delicious Florida Oranges for this recipe! I highly suggest oranges because they work the best in this recipe! They add the perfect sweetness, brightness, and vibrant color! Makes me ready for spring and summer!
- Greek yogurt- I used plain 2% Greek yogurt for this recipe, because that’s what we had. You could also use 5%, full fat, and vanilla yogurt would also work. Basically whatever you have on hand or is your favorite. You can also use dairy-free yogurt if needed.
- Almond milk- You need some sort of liquid to be able to blend the mixture up. I used almond milk but you could use any milk you’d like. Whole milk, soy milk, cashew milk, oat milk, you name it.
- Honey- The honey gives the perfect sweetness! It pairs with the bright orange flavor perfectly. You could use maple syrup if you’d like, but I prefer the pair of honey with the oranges.
- Turmeric powder- The turmeric is totally optional, however, you can’t taste it all! I added it in for added nutrients and color! I don’t think there’s another way to get my kids to eat turmeric so I snuck it in for fun.
- Blender or food processor- Since I’m using the full oranges and want everything to be nice and smooth, I use a blender to make sure everything is combined well You can use a food processor as well if you’d like! This just helps break through the oranges and combine everything together well.
Here’s more information about Florida Oranges:
I used the sweetest and most delicious Florida Oranges for these Florida Orange smoothie pops! Why are Florida Oranges the best? Well because of Florida’s subtropical climate, abundant rainfall and bright sunshine all helping to create the sweetest and juiciest oranges in the world. Florida Oranges are available from November through May, so get them while you can because they are incredible! They’re also grown by third, fourth, and even fifth generation Florida Citrus growers. Keeping it in the family, I love it!
So not only are these smoothie pops delicious, but the Florida Oranges provide so many incredible nutrients. It’s not always easy getting nutrients in my toddlers these days so these are quite a win in my opinion! The Florida Oranges are a source of vitamin C, fiber and thiamin, and even includes other nutrients like: potassium, folate, calcium, and magnesium. All powerhouse nutrients to support our immune systems! All these nutrients may also help benefit your cardiovascular health and skin health. Yes please!
Another thing we’ve been using them for is freshly pressed Florida Orange Juice! Because they’re so juicy and sweet, these are the perfect oranges to juice. If your family loves orange juice, you need to try them. The Florida Oranges are so naturally sweet you don’t even need any sweetener. Noah is obsessed and I’ve been giving him some most mornings! He literally always asks for more! Also, fun fact, Thomas (my husband, I always feel like I have to clarify between him & T) could eat his weight in Florida Oranges. He is obsessed always, and he said these are some of the best oranges he’s ever tried.
If you love these, you may also love:
If you don’t already, give Florida Oranges a follow & like on their Facebook & Instagram pages! They provide more information about their oranges as well as fun recipes to try!
Alright, let’s get to making the recipe! Enjoy!
Florida Orange Smoothie Pops
- Smoothie pop molds
- 2 cups Florida Oranges about 2½ Oranges (insides and all)
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼-⅓ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder optional
- In a blender or food processor, add in all your ingredients. The Florida Oranges, yogurt, almond milk, honey, and turmeric.
- Blend it up until everything is nice and smooth!
- Pour the mixture into your molds and store them in the fridge overnight or for at least 8-10 hours.
- Pop out & enjoy!
If I were to use orange juice instead, how many cups do you think I should use?
Pingback: Costco Grocery List - Daddio's Kitchen