One pan shrimp fajitas are such an easy, simple, and incredibly satisfying dinner! The dish has minimal ingredients and just a little bit of prep gives you the most delicious meal! All you have to do is cook the shrimp, cook the veggies, and then assemble! Easy as can be and made it all in one skillet. The whole meal takes about 20 minutes total making for a quick easy weeknight meal!
What do you need to make one pan shrimp fajitas?
- Shrimp- We like to buy our shrimp already peeled and deveined because it saves us time and energy these days! You do whatever works for you!
- Avocado oil- Avocado oil is great for cooking with high heat. We buy the giant Chosen Foods avocado oil from Costco and it’s amazing!
- Bell peppers- You can use any color of peppers. I ended up buying a pack with red, orange, and yellow but feel free to add in green too for color!
- Onions- I had a yellow onion so that’s what I went with, but you can also use a white onion.
- Homemade Seasoning- This is so so good on the shrimp! If there’s a spice or herb that you don’t have you can always take it out if needed, but it’s a winner when it’s all together!
- Flour tortillas- This time around, we used fajita sized flour tortillas. Use whatever you love and prefer! We used tortillas for these one pan shrimp fajitas but you could also do a rice bowl.
- Avocado- You can either use avocado cubes, guacamole, mashed avocado, or none at all. Up to you!
- Lime juice- Squeeze this over your assembled fajitas! It will brighten the flavor and give it a nice zest.
- Cilantro- I love cilantro so much, which I know so many don’t but if you do, load up the top!
Tips for making it:
- For kid-friendly, our kids surprisingly love shrimp so this meal is a winner for them. I always just pair their shrimp with cheese quesadillas, which they usually always love. I also typically offer chopped veggies and avocado, but they rarely eat it! Always worth a try.
If you love this one, you may also love:
Alright, let’s get to making the recipe! Enjoy!
One Pan Shrimp Fajitas
- 1 lbs shrimp peeled & deveined
- 3-4 bell peppers sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow or white onion sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
For Topping/ Assembling:
- flour tortillas or tortillas or choice
- lime juice
- Prep your shrimp. Peel and devein if they aren't already. Lay them out on a sheet pan with paper towels underneath and on top to dry them out.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the spices for the seasoning mixture.
- Heat your cast iron or skillet with avocado oil. Pour in your shrimp and almost all of the seasoning mix. Reserve about 1/4 for the veggies.
- Cook shrimp for about 6-8 minutes until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add a little more avocado oil to the same pan, pour in your peppers, onions, and remaining seasoning. You can season with a little extra sea salt if you'd like.
- Add your shrimp back in, mix together, time to serve!
- Grab your tortilla, load up the shrimp and veggies, top with avocado cubes, a squeeze of lime, and cilantro. ENJOY!
For Storing: Cool completely and store the shrimp and veggies in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days!
Pingback: January Cook at Home Challenge – RESTORING RADIANCE
Pingback: Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Postpartum Meal Prep Guide - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Sausage Kale & White Bean Soup - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Cilantro Sauce - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Greek Chicken Skewers with Herbed Rice & Salad - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Creamy White Chicken Chili - Daddio's Kitchen