These goat cheese turkey burgers are a summertime favorite! They are easy to make & the flavor combination is fantastic! Goat cheese makes them so soft and juicy and the spices and parsley packs them with flavor. We love to make these on the grill, but they’re also easy to make in the cast iron. Pair them with sweet potato fries or french fries and a salad or veggie for an easy dinner!
What you need to make goat cheese turkey burgers + substitutions:
- Ground turkey- We prefer ground turkey 100% in this recipe. Ground chicken would likely work as well, but we haven’t tried it ourselves. Also, I wouldn’t do ground beef in this one, I’d make our favorites burgers if you’re looking for a ground beef burger!
- Goat cheese- The goat cheese makes these so juicy and delicious! I love the flavor it adds as well, and I honestly wouldn’t substitute the goat cheese for anything else.
- Dijon mustard- Dijon adds extra spice, flavor, and depth. You could do yellow mustard or stone-ground but I love the combination of dijon and goat cheese together.
- White onion- Onion always add flavor to all meals! It’s so good and gives a little crunch as well. We use white onion but you could use yellow or sweet onion too.
- Fresh parsley- The fresh parsley gives a nice color and flavor to these turkey burgers. You can dried parsley if you prefer too. I’d just use 1 tablespoon.
- Spices- The spices always make such a difference in flavor. We used garlic powder, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper. I wouldn’t suggest skipping any except maybe coriander if you don’t have it!
- Burger buns- Feel free to serve them on a bun or without! These are our favorite store-bought buns!
If you love this, you may also love:
Goat Cheese Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp white onion diced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- burger buns
- dijon mustard
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the turkey burgers until nice and incorporated. Form into 5-6 patties.
- You can either grill the burgers or use a cast iron. To grill, grill on each side for about 5 minutes until cooked through.
- For the cast iron version. Preheat your oven to 350F degrees. Heat your cast iron with avocado oil. Sear the burgers on each side for about 3-5 minutes. Then put the cast iron straight into the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165F degrees. Or you can just keep on the stovetop and cook until cooked through.
- Serve on a bun with dijon, lettuce, tomato, and onion or whatever you like! And a side of sweet potato or regular fries. Enjoy!