Funfetti cake baked oatmeal was LONG overdue. I’d like to think my specialty is making baked oatmeal into dessert-inspired flavors. So it was about time I created a funfetti cake flavor! Cake for breakfast anyone? Especially when it’s made with oats, yogurt, and lots of great nutrients! This one is a winner and plus it’s super pretty and fun from the sprinkles! My kids were also VERY pleased with this one!
What is baked oatmeal?
Baked oatmeal is oatmeal baked in a pan making breakfast incredibly easy. You can make it ahead so that all you have to do is warm it in the morning or eat it straight from the fridge (which I often do)! It’s a great simple breakfast or snack option. It tastes like dessert and it’s just so delicious!
What you need to make funfetti cake baked oatmeal + substitutions:
- Quick oats- I love using quick oats, because it gives it the best texture! This is my absolute favorite way to make baked oatmeal, it gives it a dense brownie-like texture. You can substitute with rolled oats, which will make it a little more chewy/ crumbly, but still fabulous!! Steel cut oats won’t work for this one.
- Cashew milk- You can definitely substitute with almond milk, dairy milk, whatever milk. Doesn’t make a difference!
- Maple syrup– Maple syrup is my preferred sweetener but you can also use honey or brown sugar.
- Greek yogurt- I prefer using plain greek yogurt, like Fage 5% or 2%, but you can also substitute with dairy-free if needed.
- Eggs- The eggs helps bind the recipe. You could substitute with flax or chia eggs.
- Baking powder- Baking powder helps the oatmeal to rise.
- Vanilla extract- A key to any baked good in my opinion!
- Almond Extract- If you don’t have almond extract, you don’t have to use it. However, I HIGHLY suggest it! Adds the best flavor!
- Sea salt- I don’t bake anything without salt. It’s what helps bring the flavor out in a recipe.
- Sprinkles: It can’t be funfetti without sprinkles. You can use any sprinkles, but I used these for this recipe!
Tips for making:
- Quick oats vs rolled oats- Like I said above, quick oats will give it a denser, more cake-like texture and is what I prefer.
- For the best texture- You want to make sure the oatmeal is still soft in the center but cooked through. That way it comes out soft rather than a hard!
- You can make this recipe in a single pan or into 12 regular sized muffin cups. I’d use either a size like 9×9, 11×7 but nothing much bigger! Just adjust your cook time!
If you love these, you may also love:
Alright, let’s get to making the recipe! Enjoy!
Funfetti Cake Baked Oatmeal
- 9×9 baking pan OR regular muffin tin
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1¾ cups cashew milk or any dairy or dairy-free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract optional but 100% suggested!
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup sprinkles plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs together. Add in maple syrup, yogurt, cashew milk, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Once combined, pour in the oats, sprinkles, baking powder & sea salt. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into a greased 9×9 baking pan. You can also use another size baking dish, just adjust cooking times if needed. A regular 12 cup muffin tin works great too!
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes until the center is set but still soft.
- I love serving mine with yogurt, fruit, and peanut butter! Enjoy!