This creamy tuscan skillet chicken is drowning in the most delicious sauce! It’s also made in about 20 minutes making the perfect any night meal. It feels fancy, but it’s honestly so easy to make! Filled with spinach and sundried tomatoes for the perfect tuscan flavor. You can serve it as is or put it over pasta. It’s delicious either way!
What you need to make creamy tuscan skillet chicken + substitutions:
- Chicken breasts- Chicken breasts are ideal here! Feel free to double the recipe if you’re wanting more. We had 3 large breasts (about 1.5-2lbs of chicken) and cut them in half to make them thinner and cook faster. We love ordering our meat from Belcampo & you can get 10% with the code RADIANCE10.
- Heavy cream- Heavy cream is what is really going to give you that thick and dreamy sauce. If you want to use whole milk, half and half or even coconut cream, you can. I haven’t tested it myself, and I know it definitely won’t lend the same flavor and taste, but you can try it if you want!
- Chicken stock- We have a bunch of chicken stock from costco so that’s what we used, but feel free to substitute with chicken broth or vegetable broth.
- Parmesan- There’s nothing like freshly grated parmesan. I love using a block whenever we can and grating it ourselves, but you can buy already grated as well. It will work just the same! An ideal addition to this creamy tuscan skillet chicken.
- Garlic cloves- Garlic is ideal in basically every savory recipe. You can substitute with 1 tsp garlic powder if needed.
- Sundried tomatoes- I just absolutely love sundried tomatoes. I think they give such a delicious flavor to recipes and they really elevate this one, plus they add a nice bright red color!
- Spinach- We like to add a good amount of spinach here to get in some extra veggies!
If you love this, you may also love:
- Whole Wheat Pasta with Sauteed Veggies & Chicken Sausage
- Chicken & Broccoli Casserole
- Thomas’ Italian Wedding Soup
Creamy Tuscan Skillet Chicken
This creamy tuscan skillet chicken is drowning in the most delicious sauce! It's also made in about 20 minutes making the perfect any night meal. It feels fancy, but it's honestly so easy to make! Filled with spinach and sundried tomatoes for the perfect tuscan flavor. You can serve it as is or put it over pasta. It's delicious either way!
- 3 chicken breasts (or about 1½-2lbs), sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic chopped
- ½ cup fresh parmesan grated
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes (or 3oz)
- Slice your chicken breast in half lengthwise to make thinner chicken. Then pat dry the chicken on both sides.
- Season each side of chicken generously with sea salt and pepper.
- Heat cast iron skillet with avocado oil. Once hot, place the chicken breasts in and let cook on medium high heat for about 5-8 minutes on each side until cooked through completely.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Pour in the heavy cream, chicken stock, chopped garlic, grated parmesan and ½ tsp each of salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir sauce continually until starts to thicken. You want it to have a light boil while you're stirring. Once it starts to thicken, you can reduce the heat to low and add in the spinach and sundried tomatoes. Give it a good stir.
- Add the chicken back in and make sure to coat the chicken in lots of sauce. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Serve and enjoy! You can serve over pasta or with some greens on the side!
For Storing: Store in the fridge in an airtight containers for up to 3 days.
Pingback: Creamy Tuscan Skillet Chicken — Daddio’s Kitchen | My Meals are on Wheels