This is the easiest apple cobbler! It’s basically like apple pie, but way less work. You just mix the ingredients and dump them one pan and you’re good to go. Your house will smell delectable and the hardest part is waiting for it to be done! The base is loaded with cinnamon sugar baked apples topped with a soft and fluffy topping that pairs so well! Scoop some vanilla ice cream on top and you have a delicious fall dessert!
What you need to make the easiest apple cobbler:
- Apples– We went apple picking and used jonagolds because that’s what they had at the orchard. You can also use varieties like honeycrisp, braeburn, fuji, gala, granny smith or a mix!
- Brown sugar- Brown sugar gives it that caramel note and adds the perfect sweetness as well as giving the cobbler that caramelization on the apples. You can use light or dark brown sugar.
- All-purpose flour- For the mixture with the apples, I used flour. You can always substitute with cornstarch but I’d check the measurements for that option. For the actual topping, I also used all-purpose flour. You could substitute with gluten-free 1:1 all-purpose flour. Almond flour and coconut flour won’t work.
- Lemon juice- Lemon juice helps bring out the flavor in the apples.
- Vanilla extract- No baked good recipe is complete without vanilla extract in my opinion. It’s key!
- Cinnamon- Cinnamon adds the perfect sweetness & spice!
- Nutmeg- A little goes a long way, another great spice addition.
- Ginger- The little bit of ginger adds to making it have an apple pie flavor. It’s good! If you don’t have it, you can always skip it.
- Baking powder- The baking powder helps the topping to rise and be nice and fluffy.
- Granulated sugar- A classic in any recipe. You can use white sugar, cane sugar, whatever you prefer. I haven’t tested coconut sugar.
- Whole milk- Whole milk adds a sweetness and helps the topping of the cobbler to be nice and fluffy as well.
- Unsalted butter- You can use salted as well but I always go for unsalted in baking. If you use salted, you can still follow the recipe the same.
- Sea salt- Salt is key in a baked good, because it really helps to bring out the flavor!
If you love this, you may also love:
Alright, let’s get to making the recipe! Enjoy friends!
The Easiest Apple Cobbler
- 8×8 baking pan
For the Base:
- 4 peeled & cored apples sliced thin
- ⅓ cup brown sugar light or dark
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- pinch of sea salt
For the Topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- cinnamon for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together sliced apples and all base ingredients really well. Then pour the into a greased 8×8 baking dish.
- In a microwave or a small pot, melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- To another mixing bowl, add in the all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, and sea salt. Then add in the cooled and melted butter, milk, vanilla extract. Mix until well combined. It'll look a little like pancake batter.
- Pour the batter over top of the apples. You can smooth it out overtop to cover the apples. Sprinkle with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes until the topping is lightly browned and the center is set but soft!
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
Pingback: The Easiest Apple Cobbler — Daddio’s Kitchen | My Meals are on Wheels
Pingback: The Best Blueberry Crisp - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: The Best Apple Crisp - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Brown Butter Pear Crisp - Daddio's Kitchen