These fluffy pumpkin spice pancakes are an easy and delicious breakfast that everyone will love! Plus they’re filled with pumpkin and yogurt so you’re even getting in a veggie and some protein! These pancakes are super easy to whip together and it makes a bunch! You can always make the whole batch and then freeze them for pancakes anytime or split the recipe in half! Perfect fall inspired breakfast and would also be great for the holidays! Enjoy!
What you need for fluffy pumpkin spice pancakes + substitutions:
- All-purpose flour– I typically bake with all-purpose flour. Almond and coconut flour do not have the same measurements so they will not work in this recipe. However, gluten-free 1:1 all-purpose flour should work just fine. Make sure to find one with xantham gum, I love Bob’s Red Mill, but any should do.
- Granulated sugar- You can use white sugar, cane sugar, whatever you prefer. I haven’t tested coconut sugar, but it should work just fine.
- Baking powder- Helps to inflate the pancakes!
- Baking soda- Helps to produce perfectly cooked fluffy pumpkin spice pancakes.
- Pumpkin pie spice- I love using pumpkin pie spice to really bring out the goodness! If you don’t have any, you can usually make it at home!
- Sea salt- Salt is key in every recipe.
- Eggs- The eggs help to bind the recipe and really help give it taste and texture.
- Vanilla extract- No baked good recipe is complete without vanilla extract in my opinion. It’s key!
- Canned pumpkin- Canned pumpkin makes these pancakes so soft and delicious. It obviously adds the pumpkin flavor as well. Make sure you buy pure canned pumpkin. You don’t want to get pumpkin pie mix, although it would still be delicious but much sweeter.
- Greek yogurt- The greek yogurt makes these pancakes so soft and tender and fabulous! It also adds some protein, which is a bonus.
- Milk- You can use any milk you prefer. Whole, soy, almond, coconut, oat, you name it!
If you love these, you may also love:
Alright, let’s get to making the recipe!
Fluffy Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Heat a skillet with oil or butter, pour pancakes in using a 1/4 cup measuring cup. Let them cook until bubbles form, then flip. Top with the goods and enjoy!