This easy garlic turmeric rice goes great with our Indian dishes, but is also so versatile! You could make it with anything else as well. The flavor is bright and vibrant and it’s so good. The recipe is simple yet packs a lot of flavor as well as benefits! Turmeric is an amazing spice that is an anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant that packs a powerful punch! The next time you want an easy rice, that surprisingly even our kids liked, try this!
What you need to make easy garlic turmeric rice + substitutions:
- Jasmine rice- We prefer to use white jasmine rice here because it’s a personal favorite. If we are serving this rice with Indian, then we always go for jasmine. It should work fine with regular white rice and brown rice as well.
- Chicken broth- Adding chicken broth just adds such a nice flavor to this easy garlic turmeric rice. It adds nutrients and flavor which is the best of both worlds. You can substitute with vegetable broth, stock, or water as well.
- Butter- Our favorite butter is hands down Kerrygold. We used salted butter here but you can use unsalted as well no problem. It adds a great fat source and delicious flavor, because everything is better with butter.
- Olive oil- The mix of butter and olive oil just adds a nice flavor to this rice!
- Turmeric powder- The key ingredient obviously! Of course you could also keep it out, but I promise the flavor doesn’t take over. You really don’t notice it too much and it adds so many benefits! HERE is an article about all the amazing benefits! However, it does easily stain bright yellow so beware of that!
- Sea salt- The key to all cooking!
If you love this, you may also love:
Easy Garlic Turmeric Rice
This easy garlic turmeric rice goes great with our Indian dishes, but is also so versatile! You could make it with anything else as well. The flavor is bright and vibrant and it's so good. The recipe is simple yet packs a lot of flavor as well as benefits! Turmeric is an amazing spice that is an anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant that packs a powerful punch! The next time you want an easy rice, that surprisingly even our kids liked, try this!
- 1 cup white jasmine rice
- 1½ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp kerrygold butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- In a small pot, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Once that's heated, add in the fresh garlic and sauté for a couple minutes until fragrant.
- Add in your chicken broth, turmeric powder, and sea salt. We used a low sodium chicken broth, but if you aren't, then adjust your sea salt. I'd say closer to ½ tsp because you can always add more at the end.
- Bring that to a boil, and once it's boiling pour in your white rice. Stir and bring it back to a boil.
- Then, cover your pot, turn the heat to simmer and let the rice cook for 20 minutes.
- When the timer is done, you can take the rice off of the heat and let it sit covered for an extra 10 minutes. This just helps the rice to steam and ensure a great texture. However, it's optional! Fluff with a fork and enjoy!
For Storing: Once cooled completely, store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. It also freezes great. Just pour it into a freezer bag, freeze, and thaw and warm when needed.
Pingback: Easy Garlic Turmeric Rice — Daddio’s Kitchen | My Meals are on Wheels
Pingback: Quick Thai Chicken Basil - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Simple Whole Roasted Chicken - Daddio's Kitchen