These lemon poppyseed energy bites are bright, vibrant, and the best easy snack! They’re made with simple ingredients to fuel you up and they taste amazing. These bites come together quickly and are an easy snack to make with kids as well. They taste like a lemon poppyseed muffin and they are fabulous! I hope you love them as much as we do!
What you need to make lemon poppyseed energy bites + substitutions:
- Quick oats– I used quick oats because it’s what I had on hand, but it really doesn’t matter. Rolled oats work just fine too since you’re going to be blending the oats down into a flour-like consistency. Steel cut oats won’t work here.
- Cashew butter- Cashew butter is definitely ideal here. There’s something about cashew butter that really adds to the flavor. You can of course substitute with peanut, almond, or sunflower butter! Cashew butter can definitely be expensive, I got this one from Trader Joe’s for a good price.
- Honey– Honey adds the perfect sweetness & brightness to these lemon poppyseed energy bites.
- Lemon juice- The lemon is obviously needed here! I used 2 tbsp which is basically half a lemon.
- Poppyseeds- The poppyseeds are ideal and are the perfect pair with lemon. You could also use chia seeds if you need to.
- Lemon zest- I love the flavor that lemon zest brings. It really brings out the lemon flavor. I personally wouldn’t skip this step.
- Vanilla extract- A key to any sweet thing in my opinion. Really makes it feel like a dessert!
- Sea salt- I don’t make anything without salt. It’s what helps bring the flavor out in a recipe.
If you love these, you may also love:
Alright, let’s get to making the recipe! Enjoy!
Lemon Poppyseed Energy Bites
- 1⅔ cups quick oats or rolled oats blended into a flour
- 1 cup cashew butter
- ⅓-½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp poppyseeds
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- First things first, if you don't want to use a food processor or blender, you can skip that step. Just pour everything into a bowl, mix, roll into balls, and enjoy!
- However, if you want to give the bites that really doughy consistency, I highly suggest either blending everything in the food processor. OR blending your oats into a flour in the blender and then just pour those into the bowl with everything else.
- To start, pour your oats into a blender and blend until a flour-like consistency.
- Add in the cashew butter, honey, lemon juice, poppyseeds, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Blend until incorporated. Or mix by hand.
- Roll into balls. Mine made about 20-22 balls. Enjoy!