These quick buffalo chicken wraps are such a yummy make ahead lunch idea! Also who knew homemade buffalo sauce was so easy? We made our own and it was absolutely fabulous! Can’t wait to use it in more recipes! We filled these wraps with buffalo chicken, shredded cheese, ranch, shredded carrots, and romaine. They come together quickly and easily and make for a great easy lunch!
What do you need to make quick buffalo chicken wraps?
- Cooked chicken- Any cooked chicken will do. We made plain crockpot chicken and then added the sauce to the shredded chicken. You could also use shredded rotisserie, cooked and cubed chicken, and anything else. I make my crockpot chicken with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder and leave it on low for about 5-6 hours until it falls apart!
- Wraps- We used whole wheat wraps, but you can use whatever you prefer and enjoy!
- Homemade buffalo sauce- The homemade buffalo sauce is key in my opinion! It’s so delicious and incredibly easy. If you prefer, you can use store-bought as well. We do love Wingtime buffalo sauce and also the Primal Kitchen buffalo sauce.
- Ranch- Ranch is definitely our favorite and go-to here. Neither one of us love blue cheese, but you can swap for blue cheese if you prefer!
- Shredded cheddar cheese- The cheddar just pairs with everything so nicely and gives great flavor. I mean cheese is just the best, right?
- Shredded carrots- I bought pre-shredded carrots but you could easily shred them yourself. It adds color, brightness, and a veggie!
- Romaine- The romaine just adds some more nutrition, color, and flavor. You could substitute for another lettuce if you’d like.
If you love this, you may also love:
Quick Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- 2 cups cooked chicken
Homemade Buffalo Sauce:
- ½ cup salted butter or olive oil should work too!
- ⅔ cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tsp cayenne optional, only use if you like it very spicy!
- whole wheat wraps
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded carrots
- Prepare your cooked chicken. You can use shredded rotisserie, poached shredded chicken, or shredded crockpot chicken. I make my crockpot chicken with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder and leave it on low for about 5-6 hours until it falls apart!
- Make your buffalo sauce. Add all ingredients to a small saucepan. Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer for about 5 minutes. Make sure to stir frequently and let cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked chicken and mix it all together. Store in the fridge or serve!
- We did ours with wraps, chicken, cheese, romaine, carrots, & ranch! The chicken can be eaten hot or cold on the wrap. Enjoy!