These mini ice cream cups are the cutest and best little treat! They’re basically mini ice cream cakes and we are obsessed. They’re the perfect size and best little treat to keep in the freezer. We used homemade ice cream, but any ice cream and flavor will do! Soaking up the last warm days with ice cream, but let’s be honest, I eat ice cream all year long! Hope you love them as much as we do!
What you need to make mini ice cream cups + substitutions:
- Ice cream- We actually made homemade cookies & cream ice cream in our Ninja Creami ice cream maker. I forgot how incredibly good the ice cream is! Store bought works just as great! I used Tillamook brand for my actual ice cream cake recipe here. It also worked wonderful and you can use any flavor. We went all out with the oreos! To make it dairy-free, just use dairy-free ice cream, oreos are already dairy-free if you didn’t know, and then dairy-free butter. My favorite is earth balance.
- Oreos- I mean how could one not love oreos? They are so dang good and make the perfect crust on this cake!! You could even try golden oreos if you’re going for more vanilla or fruit type flavors! I sprinkled extra oreos on top as the topping. You could even add sprinkles too! I also love using the Trader Joe’s joe-joe’s. Both work fine!
- Butter- The crust is so easy to make and the melted butter helps the oreos stay together for these mini ice cream cups! If you need dairy-free, you could easily replace with a dairy-free butter or coconut oil. It may give it a coconut taste though.
Muffin Tin- Basically all of my baking pans are from USA pan. They’re my absolute favorite for everything!
If you love this, you may also love:
Mini Ice Cream Cups
- 12 oreos plus 3-4 more for topping
- 2 tbsp salted butter melted
- 2 cups cookies & cream ice cream we made our own but you could use any!
- Pull out your first ice cream of choice. We used homemade cookies and cream ice cream, but use any flavor you'd like. Let it melt on the counter for 15 minutes to make it easier to spread into the cups!
- Blend the oreos in a food processor or blender. You can also put them in a plastic bag & smash them until they’re a fine consistency.
- Melt the butter on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Transfer the oreo crumbs to a bowl with the butter and mix until they’re well combined.
- Press about 1-2 tbsp of crust into 8 muffin tins. I lined mine with silicone muffin cups to make sure they were easy to remove. Fill up each one until you've used all the mixture up.
- Add a big scoop of ice cream on top of each muffin tin, and spread it until it fills the top. You'll likely use about 2 cups of ice cream, possibly a little more or less.
- In a plastic bag, add 3-4 oreos. Smash with a spoon to make a nice crumble topping. Or you can just break them up with your hands. Top the ice cream cups with the crushed oreos all over.
- Freeze until the ice cream is hardened. About 1-2 hours. Take off the liners and enjoy!