This easy chunky homemade granola will be your new go-to! I love store bought granola, but honestly it can be pricey. Also, Thomas can go through a bag in about two days so I usually don’t buy it haha. This granola is so addicting and absolutely delicious. It’s chunky, perfectly sweet, and it’ll be your new go-to! It’s easily customizable to add some dried fruits or substitute a different nut. This is an absolute favorite in this house!
What you need to make easy chunky homemade granola + substitutions:
- Rolled oats- I used rolled oats for this one! I think you can substitute quick oats but I haven’t tried myself and steel cut oats won’t work. I’ve been getting One Degree Organic oats from Thrive Market (basically an online grocery store with lots of options & cheaper prices and you can use my link for 30% off your first order AND a FREE gift worth up to $50!) because they’re my favorite and since they’re sprouted they are easier to digest.
- Shredded coconut- The shredded coconut adds a great flavor and texture.
- Slivered almonds- I love the silvered almonds in this one, but you can substitute with any nut. Pecans, walnuts, etc.
- Coconut sugar- I love the addition that the coconut sugar adds. It helps give it extra sweetness, texture, and makes it nice and crunchy. You can substitute with brown sugar if you’d like!
- Coconut oil- Coconut oil adds healthy fat as well as helps the granola harden to become nice and chunky. You can substitute with butter, ghee, or even avocado oil.
- Maple syrup- Maple syrup for sweetness and adds a nice rich flavor to this easy chunky homemade granola.
- Cinnamon- Cinnamon is wonderful for so many reasons! It actually helps stabilize blood sugar and it gives a nice touch of flavor. It’s not required but I love it.
- Vanilla extract- The vanilla is key in all baked goods!
- Sea salt- I don’t make anything without salt. It’s what helps bring the flavor out in a recipe.
If you love these, you may also love:
Alright, let’s get to making the recipe! Enjoy!
Easy Chunky Homemade Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325F degrees.
- On the stovetop or in the microwave, melt the coconut oil and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, add in the dry ingredients. Pour in the wet ingredients. Mix everything until well incorporated.
- Pour the granola onto a baking sheet and spread it out. Keep most of it together and a little thicker, because it'll make the granola chunkier.
- Bake for 20 minutes and check on it. You can turn the pan around at this point and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Let the granola cool completely before breaking it into chunks. Enjoy!