These pumpkin protein overnight oats are going to be your new go to! It’s pumpkin season and I am so ready for it! These are filling, full of nutrients, and will give you energy for the day! My favorite way to enjoy overnight oats is hands down with yogurt added. It not only adds protein, but it also gives it the best thick & creamy consistency! If you’ve been afraid of overnight oats or haven’t tried them with yogurt, give these a try!
What is overnight oatmeal?
Overnight oats are basically just oatmeal soaked overnight in the fridge making an easy breakfast! Some people like to warm it up, but I honestly prefer it cold especially with the yogurt. You can prep multiple ahead of time so you have an easy breakfast ready to go for you all week!
What you need to make pumpkin protein overnight oats + substitutions:
- Quick oats- I love using quick oats for overnight oats! They soak up the yogurt so well and make them nice and think, but rolled oats work wonderfully too!
- Greek yogurt- I used the plain Fage 5% yogurt! I also love their 2%, Siggi’s vanilla or even dairy free would work here. Just use whatever you buy and you love!
- Canned pumpkin– The pumpkin adds more creaminess as well as flavor and lots of wonderful nutrients. Make sure to buy pure canned pumpkin where the only ingredient is pumpkin!
- Whole milk- I usually add in my raw whole milk here or honestly I’ll just do water. There’s so much creaminess from the yogurt that you can tell a difference. You can use a dairy-free milk as well.
- Chia seeds- I love the benefits of chia seeds and how thick they make these oats! Ground flaxseeds also work perfectly and you use the same measurements.
- Pumpkin pie protein powder- This Clean Simple Eats pumpkin pie protein powder totally makes these! It’s our favorite protein and they have the best flavors. If you don’t have this brand, you can use vanilla protein or collagen and add in extra pumpkin pie spices. You can use the code DADDIO for 10% off on CSE protein!
- Maple syrup (optional)- When I use the CSE protein I don’t even need a sweetener, but if you’d like one add in 1-2 tsp maple syrup or honey.
- Pumpkin pie spice- If you don’t have the pumpkin pie protein, you can add in 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
- Sea salt- I don’t make anything without salt. It’s what helps bring the flavor out in a recipe.
If you love these, you may also love:
Alright, let’s get to making the recipe! Enjoy!
Pumpkin Protein Overnight Oats
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup pure canned pumpkin
- ¼-⅓ cup whole milk or water or milk of choice
- 2 tbsp Clean Simple Eats pumpkin pie protein code DADDIO for 10% off
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup optional
- pinch of sea salt
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice (optional), use ½ tsp if not using pumpkin protein
- In a mason jar, tupperware, or something with a lid, mix together all ingredients together!
- If you like your oats thicker, do ⅓ cup milk, if you like them a little on the thinner side, use ½ cup milk!
- Store in the fridge overnight. In the morning, top with banana, peanut butter, cinnamon, or whatever you want. Enjoy!