This cinnamon roll cookie skillet is perfect for those who love the warm and comforting flavors of cinnamon rolls, but want something that’s quick and easy to make. Our recipe is a cinnamon sugar cookie base with the cream cheese glaze on top. Serve it warm for all the benefits of a warm & gooey cinnamon roll feel. You can make the icing thicker or thinner like more of a glaze depending on your preference. Just make sure you don’t skip it, because it really brings this skillet to the next level!
What you need to make this cinnamon roll cookie skillet + substitutions:
- Unsalted butter- You can use salted as well but I always go for unsalted in baking. If you use salted, you can still keep the salt ratio in the blondies the same!
- Brown sugar- A classic in any recipe. You can use light or dark. You can also use granulated sugar, but the brown sugar will give more of a cinnamon roll feel for this cinnamon roll cookie skillet.
- Egg and Egg Yolk- Eggs help bind a recipe and really help give it taste and texture. Using one egg yolk adds richness and just makes the skillet so velvety. Best if used at room temperature, but will work fine if they aren’t. I don’t think flax eggs would work as an alternative.
- Vanilla extract- No baked good recipe is complete without vanilla extract in my opinion. It’s key!
- All-purpose flour- I typically bake with all-purpose flour. Almond and coconut flour do not have the same measurements so they will not work in this recipe. However, gluten-free 1:1 all-purpose flour should work just fine. Make sure to find one with xantham gum, I love Bob’s Red Mill, but any should do.
- Cinnamon- Adding in the cinnamon helps give that cinnamon roll taste and coziness.
- Baking powder- Helps to produce a light and fluffy and perfectly cooked chocolate chip cookie skillet.
- Sea salt- Salt is key in a baked good, because it really helps to bring out the flavor! This one is our go-to and you can use the code daddioskitchen for 15% off!
If you love these, you may also love:
Alright friends let’s get to making this recipe! Enjoy!
Cinnamon Roll Cookie Skillet
For the cookie skillet:
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar light or dark
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
For the Glaze:
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1 tbsp cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1-4 tbsp whole milk (depending on the consistency you want)
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- In the microwave or on the stovetop, melt the butter and then let cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together butter and sugar until it’s smooth and incorporated.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Next, add in the flour, cinnamon, sea salt, and baking powder. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Coat an 8in cast iron skillet with oil or butter. If you don’t have a cast iron you can always use an 8in cake pan!
- Press dough into the skillet and bring it all the way to the edges. If the batter is too sticky, lightly wet your hands to help press it into the pan without sticking to you.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. If you want it more gooey, lean toward the shorter time. If you’d like it a little more done, let it cook for 30 minutes. To cut into slices, let cool completely before slicing.
- While the cookie skillet is cooling, make the glaze. In a small bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter. Add in the powdered sugar and beat until combined. Next, add the milk 1 tbsp at a time until you reach the consistency you want. If you want a thicker frosting, lean toward 1-2 tbsp. If you want more of a glaze, lean toward 3-4 tbsp! Drizzle on the skillet, scoop and enjoy!