This sprinkle sugar cookie skillet is going to be your new favorite dessert! It’s honestly one of my top 3 dessert recipes right now. It’s perfectly sweet and the sprinkles make it so fun. We literally ate the whole pan in one day! I mean how could you not love a doughy yet crispy sugar cookie especially topped with ice cream? I hope you love it as much as we do!
What you need to make this sprinkle sugar cookie skillet + substitutions:
- Unsalted butter- You can use salted as well but I always go for unsalted in baking. If you use salted, you can still keep the salt ratio in the blondies the same!
- Granulated sugar- A classic in any recipe. You can use white sugar, cane sugar, whatever you prefer. I got this raw cane turbinado sugar in bulk at Costco and love it!
- Egg and Egg Yolk- Eggs help bind a recipe and really help give it taste and texture. Using one egg yolk adds richness and just makes the skillet so velvety. Best if used at room temperature, but will work fine if they aren’t. I don’t think flax eggs would work as an alternative.
- Almond extract- I am obsessed with almond extract, it really gives out the sugar cookie taste and is incredible. If you aren’t a fan you can use vanilla extract instead, but I highly suggest the almond extract.
- All-purpose flour- I typically bake with all-purpose flour. Almond and coconut flour do not have the same measurements so they will not work in this recipe. However, gluten-free 1:1 all-purpose flour should work just fine. Make sure to find one with xantham gum, I love Bob’s Red Mill, but any should do.
- Baking powder- Helps to produce a perfectly cooked sprinkle sugar cookie skillet.
- Sea salt- Salt is key in a baked good, because it really helps to bring out the flavor!
- Sprinkles- You can use any sprinkles you’d like. We’ve been trying to stay away from food dye, and I found these sprinkles on Amazon & they’re perfect!
- Maldon sea salt– I top the majority of my baked goods with this, because the salt really brings out the sweet flavor! You don’t have to do this step, but I usually do!
If you love these, you may also need:
Sprinkle Sugar Cookie Skillet
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour spoon & leveled
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup sprinkles
- flakey sea salt for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.
- In the microwave or on the stovetop, melt the butter and then let cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together butter and sugar until it’s smooth and incorporated.
- Add in the eggs and almond extract and mix until combined.
- Next, add in the flour, sea salt, and baking powder. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Pour in the sprinkles and using a spatula, mix until well distributed. The batter should be thick & sticky.
- Coat an 8in cast iron skillet with oil or butter. If you don’t have a cast iron you can always use an 8in cake pan!
- Press dough into the skillet and bring it all the way to the edges. If the batter is too sticky, lightly wet your hands to help press it into the pan without sticking to you.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. If you want it more gooey, lean toward the shorter time. If you’d like it a little more done, let it cook for 30 minutes. To cut into slices, let cool completely before slicing. To enjoy hot, eat it right from the skillet with a spoon and a hefty scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- Top with flakey sea salt and enjoy!