Shrimp & sausage veggie skillet is an easy one pan 20 minute dinner! Easy to make, full of protein & veggies, and lots of flavor. It’s one of our favorites to throw together for a simple meal. You can also do just shrimp or just sausage. We’ve done both ways and love both!
What you need to make shrimp & sausage veggie skillet:
- Shrimp- We use peeled and deveined shrimp, but you can also do it yourself. You can easily make this recipe with just shrimp or just sausage as well!
- Sausage- Our favorite sausage for this is the Teton polish sausages that we buy at Costco. You could also substitute with chicken sausage or any other sausage you prefer.
- Bell peppers- Feel free to use any color you’d like. Yellow & red are our favorites to add color with the zucchini.
- Zucchini- Zucchini goes so well with this shrimp & sausage veggie skillet. However, if you want to skip it, you could easily just replace with white or yellow onion.
- Cajun seasoning- The Primal Palate New BAE seasoning is our go-to for this one! You can easily use whatever you have or make your own!
- Avocado oil- We always use avocado oil for high heat cooking, but you can also use olive oil.
If you love this, you may also love:
Alright, let’s get to making the recipe! Enjoy!
Shrimp & Sausage Veggie Skillet
Shrimp & sausage veggie skillet is an easy one pan 20 minute dinner! Easy to make, full of protein & veggies, and lots of flavor. It's one of our favorites to throw together for a simple meal. You can also do just shrimp or just sausage. We've done both ways and love both!
- 1 lb shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1 package or 4 links sausage chopped into circles (we love the Teton polish sausages)
- 2-3 bell bell peppers any color
- 1 zucchini sliced & halved
- ½-1 tbsp cajun seasoning (we love primal palate, you can use another or make your own)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Pat dry the shrimp with a paper towel and season generously with sea salt and pepper. Chop your sausage and set aside.
- Heat pan nice and hot & add in avocado oil. Cook shrimp for about 3-5 minutes on each side until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- Add chopped bell peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes until soft. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Add in the zucchini and season with about ½ tbsp cajun seasoning. Cook for another 4-5 mins over medium high heat until the zucchini is soft.
- Next, add in the sliced sausage and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Lastly, add back in the shrimp and mix around. Let cook together for about 2 minutes. Add an additional ½ tbsp of cajun seasoning if you'd like. Season with any more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve over white rice and sprinkle with parsley! Enjoy with some sunshine & a glass of wine!
For Storing: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days!
Pingback: Easy Greek Shrimp Sheet Pan Meal - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Costco Grocery List - Daddio's Kitchen