This shrimp & sausage veggie boil recipe is an easy-to-make meal that is perfect for any occasion! It is a perfect dish for a casual family dinner or a summer get-together with friends. The combination of shrimp, sausage, and fresh vegetables creates a satisfying and delicious meal that covers all the essential nutrients. The dish has simple ingredients and straightforward instructions that are perfect for even beginner cooks. This recipe is a great way to showcase fresh, seasonal produce and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any gathering.
What you need to make this shrimp and sausage veggie boil + substitutions:
Shrimp- We use wild caught shrimp but farm raised would work as well. If crawfish are your thing you could use that instead.
Sausage- We used mild Italian sausage and it is perfect for a crowd or children. I prefer hot Italian sausage but that does not always go over well with the wifey and children. If you do not want to use to pork you can substitute with chicken sausage.
Bell peppers- Peppers are a great addition to this meal. All the color bell peppers are great for this recipe. We had green on hand so that is what we used.
Onions- Another great addition of flavor to this dish.
Celery- Celery is perfect for any cajun dish so we thought it was only necessary for this boil.
Corn- A favorite by most especially our kids!
Baby Potatoes- Boiled first then baked for the perfect texture. Sweet potatoes would work as well!
Grass fed butter- Grass fed butter is not necessary, but butter is in my opinion. We always use grass fed and it is a great way to get in all your healthy fats and nutrients.
Flat leaf parsley- Most commonly used for cooking and resembles cilantro but has a more peppery taste. Adds great flavor to this dish. Dried parsley would work as well.
Fresh garlic- We add minced garlic into the butter sauce, and it is a simple way to add flavor to any dish.
Old Bay seasoning- Old bay seasoning is a must for this recipe as it contains all the ingredients to spice up this dish.
If you love this, you may also love:
Alright friends, let’s get to making this recipe! Enjoy!
Shrimp & Sausage Veggie Boil
For the Sheet Pan:
- 1 lb shrimp peeled & deveined
- 2-3 links mild Italian sausage (sliced 1 in.)
- 1 lb tiny potatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 6-7 celery stalks chopped
- 2 green bell peppers sliced in chunks
- 4 corn
- 1 tsp sea salt season once everything is laid out
- ½ lemon juiced
For the Sauce:
- 4 tbsp grass fed butter
- 1 tbsp old bay seasoning
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400℉
- Fill a large pot with water (enough to cover the potatoes and corn), add a good shake of salt, and bring to a boil.
- Add the corn and potatoes to the water and cook for about 10 minutes, or until just fork tender.
- Drain the pot and transfer the corn and potatoes to a large sheet pan. We have an extra large sheet pan, but if you don't you can use 2 regular-sized sheet pans. Add the shrimp, onions, sausage, peppers, and celery.
- Meanwhile, pat dry your shrimp with paper towels. Go ahead and chop your peppers, onions, and celery. Then add the shrimp, whole sausage, and the chopped veggies to your sheet pan with the corn and potatoes.
- Next, you're going to make the sauce. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add in the chopped garlic and old bay seasoning. Let it cook on low for 2-3 minutes to let the garlic and seasoning infuse the butter.
- Then, pour the butter over the shrimp, sausage and vegetables and toss to combine.
- Bake in the oven for 17-18 minutes at 400℉ until the shrimp is no longer pink and the sauce is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and chopped parsley. Serve & enjoy!