This easy veggie stir fry is such a quick meal! It literally only takes 20 minutes to make. It’s also vegetarian and if you buy items pre-cut or sliced, you’ll have dinner before you know it. An easy way to get in a lot of veggies that are loaded with flavor and so yummy! This dish is also incredibly versatile and you can substitute with whatever you prefer!
What do you need to make this easy veggie stir fry?
- All veggies- These are the veggies I chose, but you can totally customize them to your liking. What I chose pairs really well together with this meal, but feel free to use what you like! Take some out, add some in, just have fun!
- Tamari- Tamari is just gluten free soy sauce, and none of us are gluten-free. However, for some reason Thomas prefers. Regardless, use what you like! Soy sauce, coconut aminos, liquid aminos or tamari! The key ingredient to this easy veggie stir fry.
- Sesame oil- I love the flavor sesame oil adds, because it brings out that Asian flavor. If you don’t have it, you can always substitute with avocado oil.
- Rice vinegar- You can use other vinegars, but rice vinegar is 100% ideal here. Here are some substitute options out there if you really need to substitute.
- Sriracha- We love sriracha especially in Asian inspired dishes. I also love the heat and flavor it gives! If you don’t love spicy, you could decrease just a little bit but the recipe isn’t very spicy so I’d just keep it. I always add it to my stir fry and sometimes top with more!
- Fresh ginger- I’m not even going to tell you to substitute with ground ginger because it just won’t give the same effect! The fresh ginger really brightens up this veggie stir fry. I’ve been buying my fresh ginger frozen from Trader Joes, like this! It’s a game changer and literally makes it so easy!
Tips for making it:
- To save time buy pre-cut veggies. I mean you can totally slice them yourselves, but buying some that are already cut will make it even faster. Especially the broccoli, carrots, and mushrooms! Such an easy dinner.
- This meal is vegetarian. However, if you’d like to add a protein, feel free to add tofu, chicken, sliced beef, shrimp, etc.
If you love this one, you may also love:
Alright, let’s get to making it! Enjoy!
Easy Veggie Stir Fry- 20 Minutes
- 1 head of broccoli chopped
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 8oz package mushrooms sliced
- 1 9oz package sugar snap peas
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- ½ cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare your rice of choice following the package instructions. I always make sure to add a good spoonful of some kind of fat (oil, butter, or ghee) to add flavor and to help it fluff. Also, as soon as the rice is done, I typically take it off the heat and leave it covered for an extra 5-10 minutes so it can steam. Fluff with a fork after and it’s always perfect!
- Heat avocado in a wok or a large pan. Add in all veggies. Season with a touch of salt and pepper. Saute on medium high heat for about 5-10 minutes until your desired tenderness of veggies!
- While veggies are cooking, in a small bowl, make the sauce. Mix together the tamari, sesame oil, rice vinegar, sriracha, and fresh ginger.
- Pour it onto the veggie mixture once they're softened. Let it all cook on low heat for a few more minutes to soak up all the flavor.
- Taste and season with more sea salt if desired. Serve over rice and enjoy!