Sheet pan chicken fajitas are such an easy, simple, and incredibly satisfying dinner! The dish has minimal ingredients and just a little bit of prep gives you the most delicious meal! This is an upgrade from my chicken fajita bake, because I liked the idea of having the chicken already sliced and the peppers mixed in instead of on top! Even more delicious, because the seasoning gets even more loaded onto the chicken! Even the kids loved this one!
What do you need to make sheet pan chicken fajitas?
- Chicken breasts- We prefer boneless skinless chicken breasts here. We order all our meat from Belcampo (you can use the code RADIANCE10 for 10% off).
- Avocado oil- Avocado oil is great for cooking with high heat. We buy the giant Chosen Foods avocado oil from Costco and it’s amazing!
- Bell peppers- You can use any color of peppers. I ended up buying a pack with red, orange, and yellow but feel free to add in green too!
- Onions- I have a white onion so that’s what I went with, but you can also use a white or red onion.
- Homemade Taco seasoning- Typically, we eat a Mexican inspired meal about once a week so we always have the seasonings on hand for Thomas’ seasoning. It’s so good every time! Feel free to just use a taco seasoning packet as well!
- Flour tortillas- This time around, we used fajita sized flour tortillas. Use whatever you love and prefer! We used tortillas for these sheet pan chicken fajitas but you could also do a rice bowl!
- Salsa- Use any salsa that you want! Not required but I love it on there!
- Avocado- You can either use avocado cubes, guacamole, mashed avocado, or none at all. Up to you!
- Shredded Mexican cheese- The cheese is optional, if you want to use it as a topping, go ahead but it’s not required. You can buy the pre-shredded cheese or a block of cheese and shred it yourself. It doesn’t have caking ingredients when you buy a block.
- Lime juice- Squeeze this over your assembled fajitas! It will brighten the flavor and give it a nice zest.
- Cilantro- I love cilantro so much, which I know so many don’t but if you do, load up the top!
Tips for making it:
- You can use one giant sheet pan (like I did) or two regular sized sheet pans if you don’t have one. You can just go ahead and cook the chicken on one sheet pan and the veggies on the other.
- Feel free to double or triple the homemade taco seasoning! Then just use a couple tablespoons of it to season your chicken until it’s well coated! Then you have leftovers for next time you want to make these sheet pan chicken fajitas or another Mexican-inspired dish!
If you love this one, you may also love:
Alright, let’s get to making the recipe! Enjoy!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1½ lbs chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 3-4 bell peppers sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow onion sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 packet taco seasoning or homemade taco seasoning below
Homemade Taco Seasoning:
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp oregano
For Topping/ Assembling:
- flour tortillas or tortillas or choice
- Mexican cheese shredded
- lime juice
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees. Slice your chicken, peppers, and onions into thin strips or slices.
- Pour the chicken into a medium mixing bowl, and season with about 1/2 tbsp avocado oil and the taco seasoning.
- On your sheet pan, add all the peppers and onions. Season with the other 1/2 of avocado oil and about 1 tsp sea salt and ½ tsp black pepper.
- Pour the chicken onto the sheet pan with the peppers and onions. You can mix it in our cook the chicken on one side and the veggies on the other. You can also either use one giant sheet pan or two regular sized ones.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken reaches at least 165F degrees internally.
- Grab your tortilla, load up the chicken/ veggie topping, add on some salsa, lime juice, avocado, and cilantro! Enjoy!