Sheet pan sweet potato nachos are good for any night! You can make them and call them dinner or share them as an appetizer! Nice crispy sweet potatoes loaded with all the nacho goodness on top! These are a winner and kid and parent approved. You can easily use chips if you’d like! We just like to change it up with sweet potatoes sometimes. These would also be great for game day! Enjoy!
What you need to make sheet pan sweet potato nachos + substitutions:
- Sweet potatoes- You can obviously just use chips here if you’d like which we totally do! Sometimes it’s fun to change it up to sweet potatoes and honestly they taste so good. You can do them in the air fryer if you have one or roast them in the oven!
- Ground beef- We did classic taco meat for this one! You could also do shredded chicken or even go meatless!
- Homemade taco seasoning- We always used to buy taco seasoning until we realized how easy it was to make! We also cook so often and have so many spices on deck. You could also just use packaged seasoning.
- Mexican cheese- It’s kind of required for nachos! We used shredded Mexican cheese.
- Canned corn- You can use frozen thawed corn or canned corn. Both work!
- Avocado- You could also use guacamole if you prefer, but we cubbed up some avocado for this one!
- Cilantro- Everyone is different on cilantro. Some people love it, some hate it. We are in the love it camp, so we load it on!
- Lime- A little drizzle of lime really brings these sweet potato sheet pan nachos together.
- Jalapeños- Thomas is a big jalapeño guy, but the boys and I don’t love them. I put them on for the photo but moved them to Thomas’ side for us!
- Salsa- I’m a big salsa girl! I have to have salsa, but it’s up to you.
- Greek yogurt- We love using greek yogurt in replacement for sour cream! We just always have yogurt and rarely have sour cream. Thomas also doesn’t like sour cream and the greek yogurt tastes just as good to me! I ended up just putting dollops on my plate when I served it. I love Fage 2% or 5%!
If you love this, you may also love:
Sheet Pan Sweet Potato Nachos
For the Nachos:
- 3 medium sweet potatoes sliced thinly
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1½ cups mexican cheese shredded
- ½ cup canned corn
- 1 avocado cubed
- ⅓-½ cup salsa
- ⅓-½ plain greek yogurt
- cilantro for garnish
- lime slices for garnish
- jalapeño slices for garnish
For the Taco Seasoning:
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees.
- Wash and dry your sweet potatoes. Slice into very thin strips, the thinner the better, because they will crisp up a little better.
- Spread your sweet potatoes slices onto a sheet pan (I had to use two), and try not to stack them if you can because again they won't get crispy. Spray very lightly with avocado oil and season with sea salt.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes on one side, then flip the sweet potato slices over and cook for about 15 minutes on the other side. When they were done, I broiled each tray for about 2-3 minutes until they got a little crispier. Let cool to harden a bit.
- Meanwhile, prepare the taco meat. Heat a pan with avocado oil. Then add in your ground beef. Season with your taco seasoning and cook until it's cooked through.
- Turn the oven down to 350F degrees. When the sweet potatoes are done and cooled a little, layer them up a sheet pan. Top with ground beef, Mexican cheese, and corn.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top with the rest of the toppings! We did avocado, jalapeños, cilantro, dollops of salsa, and then I did dollops of greek yogurt on my portion (because Thomas doesn't love it on his)! Enjoy!