Sheet pan sausage & veggies is your next quick and easy weeknight meal! It’s so simple to throw together and the leftovers make for a perfect lunch. It’s simple with just chicken sausage and veggies, but then it’s covered in the most delicious maple dijon sauce giving it some extra goodness. Sprinkled with fresh parmesan and parsley to really top it off and elevate the flavor!
What you need to make sheet pan sausage & veggies + substitutions:
- Chicken sausage– We chose chicken sausage, but you can use whatever you prefer! We got ours from Trader Joe’s.
- Sweet potatoes- I love using sweet potatoes here, because I’m a big sweet potato fan. Butternut squash would work here as well and be delicious.
- Brussels sprouts & broccoli- We did a mix of Brussels sprouts and broccoli, because I wanted variety. You could easily choose one over the other! I also made it pretty veggie heavy, because I wanted extra!
- Dijon mustard- Love the flavor that dijon brings to the veggies, it is SO GOOD! You could do a whole grain mustard or brown mustard, but I’m not sure how plain yellow mustard would do.
- Maple syrup- Maple syrup adds the perfect sweetness to this meal. You could try honey or brown sugar, but I haven’t tested either myself.
- Parmesan- You got to love fresh parmesan to make any meal extra delicious! You can do grated, shaved, or shredded. A great topping to the sheet pan sausage & veggies.
- Fresh parsley- I love to add a fresh herb on a meal to just add some extra flavor, nutrients, and vibrancy! You can always skip this if needed or use dried parsley instead.
If you love this, you may also love:
- Whole Wheat Pasta with Sauteed Veggies & Chicken Sausage
- Sheet Pan Sweet Potato Nachos
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies
Sheet pan sausage & veggies is your next quick and easy weeknight meal! It's so simple to throw together and the leftovers make for a perfect lunch. It's simple with just chicken sausage and veggies, but then it's covered in the most delicious maple dijon sauce giving it some extra goodness. Sprinkled with fresh parmesan and parsley to really top it off and elevate the flavor!
- Large sheet pan or 2 regular
- 6 chicken sausage links sliced into coins
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 2 cups) chopped in cubes
- 12 oz Brussels sprouts (about 1-1½cups) halved
- 2 stalks broccoli (about 2 cups) chopped
- ⅓ cup dijon mustard
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish
- fresh parmesan for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees.
- Chop up you vegetables: broccoli, brussels sprouts, and sweet potatoes. You want them all to be about similar sizes.
- Pour veggies on a large sheet pan (or you may have to divide between two because we made a lot)! Season with avocado oil, about 1 tsp sea salt and ½ tsp black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes to let the veggies pre-cook. My veggies were a little bigger so I did closer to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop up 6 chicken sausages into coins. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dijon mustard and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Once the veggies are done, take out the sheet pan. Add the chicken sausage and the sauce and mix everything together. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Season with any extra sea salt if needed. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and parmesan and enjoy!
For Storing: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Pingback: Crockpot BBQ Pulled Pork - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Easy Crispy Lemon Chicken - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Chicken Sausage & Pepper Rolls - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Our Favorite Easy Cheeseburgers - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Top 5 Meals for Busy Families - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Shrimp & Sausage Veggie Boil - Daddio's Kitchen