Mini pumpkin baked oatmeal for one please! What is possibly cuter than a mini baked oatmeal for one? I also have a larger version of this flavor and I can’t get enough! It’s the perfect little make ahead fall breakfast! It’s soft and dense and full of yummy pumpkin spice flavor! You need it, trust me!
What is baked oatmeal?
Baked oatmeal is oatmeal baked in the oven making breakfast incredibly easy. You can make it ahead so that all you have to do is warm it in the morning or eat it straight from the fridge (which I often do)! It’s a great simple breakfast or snack option. It tastes like dessert and it’s just so delicious!
What you need to make mini pumpkin baked oatmeal + substitutions:
- Quick oats- I love using quick oats, because it gives it the best texture! This is my favorite way to make baked oatmeal, it gives it a dense brownie-like texture. You can substitute with rolled oats, which will make it a little more chewy and still fabulous!! Steel cut won’t work.
- Almond milk- You can definitely substitute with cashew milk, dairy milk, whatever milk.
- Banana- The mashed banana gives it a little sweetness as well as makes it for lack of a better word, moist.
- Vanilla protein– I used Nuzest vanilla protein (you can use the lex for 15% off), which I love! You can use any protein powder, but mine does add a little sweetness. So if yours doesn’t you can always add in 1/2-1 tbsp maple syrup or drizzle on top!
- Pumpkin puree- This gives it a nice little touch of pumpkin flavor as well as adds some softness.
- Pumpkin pie spice- The spice really brings out the pumpkin flavor. Adds the best flavor! If you don’t have it, you can always use 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, and 1/8 tsp ground ginger.
- Baking powder- Baking powder helps the oatmeal to rise.
- Vanilla extract- A key to any baked recipe in my opinion.
- Sea salt- I don’t bake anything without salt. It’s what helps bring the flavor out in a recipe.
Tips for making:
- Quick oats vs rolled oats- Like I said above, quick oats will give it a denser, more brownie-like texture and is what I prefer. Rolled oats will still work, they will just create a more crumbly texture.
- For the best texture- You want to make sure the mini pumpkin baked oatmeal is still soft in the center but cooked through. That way it comes out nice and soft.
Other Baked Oatmeals you may like:
Alright, let’s get to making the recipe! Enjoy!
Mini Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- ½ ripe banana mashed
- ½ cup quick oats
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein about 2 tbsp (or unflavored collagen)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- ½-1 tbsp maple syrup optional
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a small bowl, mash the banana. Then add in the rest of the ingredients. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- The maple syrup is optional but does add a nice sweetness if needed, especially if you're protein isn't very sweet or unsweetened!
- Grease your ramekin (I used a 4.5" diameter & 6 oz. capacity) or any similar size dish. Bake for about 30 minutes until the inside is set but still soft. Enjoy warm and top with whatever you like! I did peanut butter per usual!