No churn cookies & cream ice cream is such an easy treat that is BEYOND delicious! It is incredibly rich and the perfect mix of vanilla flavor and oreos. One of my absolute favorite ice cream flavors and always has been! The ice cream is incredibly easy to make with only 3 ingredients required for the base. You can easily customize it to make it how you like it, and you could also use any kind of cookie you’d like!
I have other flavors on my blog that are absolutely delicious: chocolate fudge brownie, mint chocolate chip, thin mint, cookie dough, and funfetti! This post also gives you tips on what to use to make the base dairy-free if you need that! I also share the tips for dairy-free in the list below and in the recipe notes!
What you need for no churn cookies & cream ice cream:
- Heavy cream- Heavy cream is a key ingredient here. This is what makes it fluff up and the milk base. I have substituted with this Silk heavy whipping cream as a dairy-free alternative and it worked great. It was the best option I could find. I have found it at Target, Walmart, and Whole Foods.
- Sweetened condensed milk- I used regular sweetened condensed milk. This is what gives it the sweetness and richness and it’s so dang good. For dairy free, I’ve substituted with this sweetened condensed coconut milk that I ordered on Amazon that worked great!
- Oreos- I used oreos for this one! You could also try golden oreos or another flavor of oreos! Also, I’ve used the Trader Joe’s Joe Joe’s & those work perfectly too for this no churn cookies & cream ice cream.
- Vanilla extract- This just adds that perfect vanilla hint.
- Sea salt- Sea salt brings out the flavor in the ice cream. I never bake without it!
Tips for making:
- Make sure your bowl that you’re going to whip in is cold! I always use stainless because I feel like it chills better, but this helps the whipping cream whip. I put my bowl in the fridge for about 30 minutes before starting! This isn’t required but it does help it to whip up nicely.
- I LOVE these containers that I found on Amazon! I store my ice cream in here and it fills up about 1.5 containers. The recipe yields about 48oz of ice cream or about 6 cups total.
- You can totally divide the base recipe in half into two bowls before adding in the oreos if you want to do two flavors. You could do half and half so you have an oreo flavor and then vanilla or any other add-ins!
Alright, let’s get to making it! Enjoy!
No Churn Cookies & Cream Ice Cream
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 15-20 oreos chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- To start, in a large mixing bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Next, using a stand mixer (with the whisk attachment) or a hand mixer, whip the chilled heavy cream on high until firm peaks form. About 5 minutes!
- Add about 1 cup of the whipped cream to the condensed milk mixture and fold them together using a rubber spatula. Once it’s mostly incorporated, add in the rest of the whipped cream.
- Fold together gently until nice & smooth. Next, add in the chopped oreos. If you want, you can split the mixture and do 2 different flavors. Keep one vanilla or add in something like cookie dough, etc!
- Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container. I love these containers (they are 32oz each) and mine filled up 1½ containers. The ice cream yields about 48oz of ice cream.
- Store in the freezer for 8-10 hours or overnight until completely frozen. Enjoy!