Are you a fan of pound cake? Then you’re going to love this cream cheese pound cake recipe! This rich and creamy pound cake is packed with flavor and sure to be a crowd pleaser. It’s the perfect dessert for any occasion, whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just want to treat yourself. Best of all, it’s easy to make and requires minimal ingredients. Don’t forget to top with the powdered sugar! Check out the recipe below and let us know what you think!
What you need to make this cream cheese pound cake + substitutions:
- Unsalted butter- You can use salted as well but I always go for unsalted in baking. If you use salted, just decrease the salt in the recipe to 1/4 tsp. Make sure the butter is room temperature.
- Cream cheese- I know adding cream cheese sounds weird, but I promise you it’s unreal. Adds the best little flavor and it’s so good. You can always skip it and do 2 full sticks of butter instead so replace the 4oz of cream cheese with 4 tbsp of butter. Both work!
- Granulated sugar- A classic in any recipe. You can use white sugar, cane sugar, whatever you prefer.
- Eggs- The eggs help to bind the recipe and really helps give it texture and taste. Try to make sure this is room temperature or at least on the counter for 15 minutes.
- All-purpose flour- I typically bake with all-purpose flour. My favorite is King Arthur Flour & I usually get it from Costco or Thrive Market. Almond and coconut flour do not have the same measurements so they will not work.
- Whole milk or half and half- I did half and half because that’s what I had on hand but both work great! The milk just adds to the texture and makes it nice and soft and moist.
- Almond extract- Almond extract adds a sweet, nutty flavor to this cream cheese pound cake. It’s one of my favorite ways to really enhance the flavor of a baked good and change it up. Delicious!
- Vanilla extract- A must in this cream cheese pound cake.
- Sea salt- Salt is key in a baked good, because it really helps to bring out the flavor! Our favorite salt is Redmond Sea Salt and we buy it in bulk. You can use the code daddioskitchen for 15% off.
If you love these, you may also love:
Alright, let’s get to making the recipe! Enjoy friends!
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 9×5 loaf pan We love this one!
- 1½ sticks unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour spoon & leveled
- ⅓ cup half & half or whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Grease and line a 9×5 in loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer cream together the butter and cream cheese until whipped.
- Add in the sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Next, add in the eggs one at a time. Mix between each egg. Pour in the vanilla extract and almond extract and mix until combined.
- Sprinkle in the sea salt. Alternating, add in part of the half and half, then mix, then half of the flour and mix. Repeat until it's all incorporated.
- Make sure your pan is greased well and pour the mixture in. Bake the cake for about 55-70 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Around 45 minutes, check the cake. If it's starting to get brown, lay a piece of aluminum foil over the top so it doesn't get too brown.
- Let cake cool completely, cut, and enjoy!