This spinach & feta egg bake is a favorite that we’ve eaten for years! It’s such a delicious way to prep your eggs for an easy breakfast! It’s essentially a frittata, but sometimes I cook it in a loaf pan! Both options work. It’s loaded with flavor from the sundried tomatoes, spinach, and feta. The flavors pair together so well! You can always change out the filling to what you have or prefer. Pair with some toast for a nice little meal!
What you need to make spinach & feta egg bake + substitutions:
- Eggs- Eggs are pretty important for this recipe! You definitely can’t make it without them.
- Milk- The milk just helps the eggs to combine and set. It also makes it so the eggs reheat better. I did whole milk, but you can easily do an unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice if you’d like!
- Yellow onion- The onions are optional but add a great flavor. They help season recipes so much and pair really nicely with the flavors in this spinach & feta egg bake!
- Sundried tomatoes- I love sundried tomatoes so much and the flavor they give to things. They are a personal favorite of mine. They add such a nice depth of flavor to this recipe. You can use the ones in oil or just the regular dried ones. Both work!
- Spinach- I’ve done spinach, arugula, and kale! They all work but I definitely prefer the spinach. It blends best in my opinion. You can also do little pieces of chopped broccoli too! Have fun with it!
- Feta- Feta is one of my favorite cheeses hands down. It is so good and the salty feta just pairs so perfectly with the sundried tomatoes and spinach. You can also use goat cheese or any other cheese you love.
- Avocado oil- You can use butter, ghee, coconut oil, whatever fat you like. We always buy a giant container of Chosen Foods avocado oil from Costco. We love it for cooking in high heat.
If you love this, you may also love:
Spinach & Feta Egg Bake
This spinach & feta egg bake is a favorite that we've eaten for years! It's such a delicious way to prep your eggs for an easy breakfast! It's essentially a frittata, but sometimes I cook it in a loaf pan! Both options work. It's loaded with flavor from the sundried tomatoes, spinach, and feta. The flavors pair together so well! You can always change out the filling to what you have or prefer. Pair with some toast for a nice little meal!
- 8 eggs
- ⅓ cup whole milk or unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- ½ medium yellow onion chopped
- ⅓ cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- -sea salt/ black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees.
- Heat a skillet with avocado oil. Add in the chopped onions and a dash sea salt and pepper. Let the onions cook down for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the sundried tomatoes. Next, add in the chopped spinach and saute until everything is mixed together and cooked down.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Whisk until all combined.
- Pour the veggie mixture in the bottom of a lined and sprayed pan. I've used an 8in round pan as well as a 9x5in loaf pan and both work great. You just have to adjust a cook time.
- Add the egg mixture on top of the veggies. Sprinkle with feta.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 400 degrees depending on what size pan you use. Slice into 4 servings and enjoy!
For Storing: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days!
Pingback: Sundried Tomato, Arugula, & Feta Egg Bake — RESTORING RADIANCE | My Meals are on Wheels
Can you freeze this?
Yes 100%! It freezes wonderfully and I thaw it overnight in the fridge and then warm it in the morning!
Hi! Have you ever added meat to this? If a family member doesn’t like sundried tomatoes, what would you suggest as a substitution?
Hi! I’ve never tried adding meat, but I think adding some would be phenomenal! I’d cook it first with the veggies, and you could omit the sundried tomatoes or even do fresh tomatoes!
Pingback: Easy Freezer Breakfast Burritos - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche - Daddio's Kitchen
Pingback: Postpartum Meal Prep Guide - Daddio's Kitchen