This crockpot BBQ pulled pork is a crowd pleaser and an easy meal to set and forget in the crockpot! It’s a great meal to serve if you were hosting people for dinner too. I love meals that you can make for dinner and then enjoy as leftovers for lunch. You can also serve this pulled pork so many ways. On a sandwich, on a salad, in a rice bowl, in a quesadilla. Use your imagination and enjoy it however you’d like! It will leave your house smelling amazing & dinner on the table so easily. Enjoy!
What you need to make crockpot bbq pulled pork + substitutions:
- Pork shoulder– I picked up a pork shoulder from Whole Foods behind the butcher counter. You can obviously go to any grocery store, but I love being able to get it fresh behind the counter.
- BBQ sauce- We’ve tried a lot of bottled BBQ sauces and personally love both Stubb’s and Kinder Organics, which we’ve found at Costco. They’re definitely our favorite, but use whatever you like the best for pulled pork.
- Apple cider vinegar- In the crockpot, you can either use apple cider vinegar or water. Water works just fine, but apple cider vinegar will just a little touch and help tenderize the meat even more.
- Onions– Adding onions into the recipe just adds so much delicious flavor to the pork loin. They caramelize and become so delicious covered in all the sauce. Perfect addition to this crockpot BBQ pulled pork.
- Garlic- We pretty much add garlic to all recipes we cook with. You can either use 2 cloves of fresh garlic minced or the garlic powder. Both work here!
- Paprika– I love the addition of the paprika here. I really think it’s adds such a nice touch of flavor.
If you love this, you may also love:
Crockpot BBQ Pulled Pork
For the BBQ:
- 2 lbs pork shoulder
- 12 oz bbq sauce I used Kinder Organics
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder minced
For the Coleslaw:
- 1 12oz package cabbage slaw
- ½ cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
For the BBQ:
- Start by adding your pork to your crockpot. Next, add in the rest of the ingredients: bbq sauce, apple cider vinegar, onions, garlic powder, paprika, salt, & pepper.
- Cook on high for about 6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours. When it's ready, the pork should shred with 2 forks very easily! Make sure to shred the pork and mix it all together with the sauce.
- From here, the pork is done! Enjoy however you prefer. I love mine on a bun with coleslaw (below)!
For the coleslaw:
- Throw all the coleslaw ingredients in a bowl and mix it together until everything is incorporated. Done & done. I made it about 2 hours before dinner so the flavors could marinate together and it was even better the next day!
Pingback: Super Bowl Recipes Round-Up - Daddio's Kitchen