These chocolate peanut banana pops are a classic and a fun treat for anyone but especially kids! They’re super easy to make and a good recipe to have kids help with. They’re also a healthier treat for when you’re needing something a little more nutritious! You only need four simple ingredients: bananas, chocolate, peanut butter, and peanuts! You don’t have to put them on popsicle sticks, but it sure does make them more fun! They are also so refreshing for a hot summer day!
What you need to make chocolate peanut banana pops:
- Bananas- Bananas are pretty much the main ingredient in this one so I wouldn’t change it up with anything else! They’re pretty much a must for these chocolate peanut banana pops!
- Peanut butter- My love of banana, peanut butter, and chocolate runs very deep. You could substitute with any other nut or seed butter if you prefer. My favorite peanut butter is the Kirkland one or the Trader Joe’s crunchy one!
- Peanuts- I love the addition of the fresh peanuts for a crunch! You could easily you crunchy peanut butter if that’s easier, use a different nut, or skip it all together. I love the flavor and texture they add to these banana pops!
- Chocolate chips- I used semi-sweet chocolate chips for this one. You could use any chocolate you prefer. A chocolate bar, chips, chunks, dairy-free chocolate, just whatever you want to use that makes you happy!
- Coconut oil- I always add just a little spoonful of coconut oil to my chocolate when I’m melting it to help it spread better and harden well! You can also use butter or ghee.
If you love this one, you may also love:
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Dates
- Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Truffles
- Peanut Butter Jelly PB Cups
Alright, let’s get to making it! Enjoy!
Chocolate Peanut Banana Pops
- 3 large bananas preferably spotty
- ⅓-½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓-½ cup crushed peanuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Peel your bananas. Cut each banana in half so you have 6 halves.
- Add popsicle sticks in the bottom of each banana on the cut side.
- Lay the bananas out on a lined sheet pan. Top each banana with about a heaping tablespoon (or how much you want) of peanut butter until the top is covered.
- Sprinkle each banana with crushed peanuts. Freeze in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes to make it easier to dip into the chocolate.
- In a small pot or in the microwave, melt the chocolate with the coconut oil.
- Dip each banana half in the chocolate mixture and lay back out on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with more crushed peanuts.
- Freeze for a couple hours or until the bananas are completely frozen and enjoy straight from the freezer!