This rich & creamy French shrimp is one of those dishes you won’t be able to stop thinking about. The sauce is so dreamy that you’ll want to dip everything in it! It’s rich from all the flavors, creamy from the heavy cream, and the taste is so vibrant and delicious. This is the ultimate comfort dish that people will rave about, yet it’s so easy! Pair it with a baguette and make it an appetizer or serve it over spaghetti pasta for a fantastic dinner. It’s really so simple and I promise it’s such a winner. Enjoy!
What you need to make rich & creamy french shrimp + substitutions:
- Shrimp– You can use any shrimp you prefer here. We always buy peeled and deveined so we don’t have to deal with that part, but you could do that yourself if you prefer. Our favorite place is get shrimp is usually Whole Foods.
- Heavy cream- The heavy cream is the key to making this dish super creamy and fantastic. The sauce is honestly to die for. You’ll want to dip everything in it!
- Olive oil- We love the flavor that olive oil gives in this dish. It adds the best flavor to this rich & creamy french shrimp.
- Dijon mustard- Dijon mustard goes so well in this sauce. I personally wouldn’t substitute with another mustard option. We used a smooth dijon option over a grainy one, but both should work fine.
- Shallots- The shallots add such a depth of flavor that’s so good. They’re also a classic in French cooking. You could use onion if needed, but I highly suggest the shallots.
- Fresh garlic- Fresh garlic is key in the majority of cooking recipes for us.
- Sea salt- No explanation needed. Salt is life.
- Pepper- Another addition that’s a must.
- Fresh parsley- We love to garnish the shrimp with fresh parsley to add some color and flavor.
- Bread of long pasta- For serving with the shrimp!
If you love this, you may also love:
Rich & Creamy French Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp peeled & deveined
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ large shallot diced
- 4 cloves fresh garlic minced
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- sea salt
- black pepper
- fresh parsely for garnish
- baguette or spaghetti for serving
- Pat dry the shrimp using paper towels to dry them out.
- On a plate or in a bowl, season the shrimp generously with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat about 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter on medium high heat. Add in the shrimp. Cook until shrimp is cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter. Add in shallots and garlic and cook until softened. Add in the heavy cream, dijon, and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well and cook for a few minutes. Add the shrimp into the sauce mixture and let mix all together for a minute until combined. Top with fresh parsley & serve however you desire!
- For serving as an appetizer, pair the french shrimp with a baguette for dipping in the sauce.
- For serving as dinner, serve the french shrimp over spaghetti or another long pasta. Enjoy!