These easy greek chicken pitas are the best prep for an easy lunch of dinner! Make extra because you’ll definitely want leftovers. They’re so easy too! You just marinate the chicken and cook it and everything else is just assembled on the pita. All the Mediterranean flavors are probably my favorite! We prepped these for dinner and made leftovers for lunches and loved them!
What you need to make easy greek chicken pitas + substitutions:
- Chicken breast– We used chicken breast and sliced them in half so we had four thinner chicken breasts. You could also use chicken thighs if you prefer.
- Greek yogurt- The greek yogurt really helps to soften the chicken and make it so tender. My favorite yogurt is the Fage!
- Olive oil- Olive oil is essential to everything, especially greek chicken.
- Lemon juice- The lemon juice helps to tenderize the chicken and the acid adds a nice touch.
- Lemon zest- The lemon zest isn’t required, but it does add a nice vibrant flavor.
- Dried oregano & dried basil- These dried herbs add some great flavor to the chicken.
- Garlic powder- You could also use fresh garlic if you prefer.
- Cucumbers- The cucumbers add a nice crunch as well as some veggie, which is always a plus.
- Tomatoes- The grape tomatoes add the perfect color and freshness.
- Radishes- Red onions would be a great option here too! Onions actually don’t sit well with me, so that’s why I did radishes but I’d choose onions if you can.
- Feta- I pretty much eat greek food for the feta, so I can’t skip it on the toppings!
- Parsley- I chose fresh parsley as my garnish but you could also do fresh dill for these easy greek chicken pitas.
- Homemade tzatziki– This tzatziki is SO easy to make and one of our favorite things. It comes together so quickly and is absolutely fabulous!
If you love this, you may also love:
- Greek Chicken Skewers with Herbed Rice & Salad
- Greek Meatballs with Tzatziki & Veggie Medley
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Easy Greek Chicken Pitas
For the greek chicken:
- 1 lb chicken breasts sliced in half lengthwise
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
For the tzatziki:
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼-⅓ cup cucumbers grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh or dried dill
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
For the toppings:
- grape tomatoes
- radishes or red onions
- fresh parsley
To make the chicken:
- To start, slice your chicken in half lengthwise. So we had two large breasts and made four thin ones.
- Next, mix together all the marinade ingredients. Pour it over the chicken. You can do it in the freezer bag or in a container. Let it marinate for 2-12 hours.
- Once the chicken is marinated, you can cook it however you like. You can bake it at 425F degrees for 15-20 minutes until the internal temperature is 165F degrees. Or you can sear the chicken on both sides for about 4 minutes each in a cast iron pan. Then let it finish cooking in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Let chicken cool and then slice into thin strips. Then assemble your pitas!
To make the tzatziki:
- Mix together all the tzatziki ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside. I love making the tzatziki ahead of time if I can because it always tastes best when it sits and marinates together for awhile.
- To assemble, start with your pita. Top with tzatziki, chicken, cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes or red onions, feta, and parsley. Enjoy!