This quick honey garlic shrimp is a great easy meal to have in your inventory! It’s easy for a weeknight meal or anytime. If you have frozen shrimp, frozen broccoli, and rice in your pantry then this would be an easy dinner to whip up anytime! It’s so good and has so much flavor. Plus the boys love the shrimp so that’s always a bonus. A quick, easy, and nourishing dinner all around!
What you need to make quick honey garlic shrimp + substitutions:
- Shrimp- We used already peeled and deveined shrimp. You could do it yourself, but it’s so much easier to buy it already done. We typically get our shrimp from either Whole Foods or Costco!
- Soy sauce- The soy sauce adds the perfect touch of savory, salt, and flavor to this honey garlic shrimp recipe! We love to use tamari, but you could also use regular soy sauce, liquid aminos, or coconut aminos.
- Honey- The honey adds a perfect touch of sweetness and pairs so well with the soy sauce. We did 3 tbsp and it felt like the perfect sweetness. If you want less, do 2 tbsp, or if you want more do 4 tbsp.
- Garlic- Chopped or minced garlic is the perfect flavoring agent to this dish. It is best to cook first low to release the flavor and combine with shrimp. You can also use garlic powder if you prefer.
- Broccoli- I just love pairing broccoli with shrimp and rice. I feel like the combination is so good together and the boys actually like broccoli! You could do green beans or any veggie you’d like.
- Jasmine rice- We use jasmine rice for everything so that’s what we used for this meal! You can use any white rice or brown rice you prefer for this honey garlic shrimp dish.
- Chicken Broth- Cooking the rice in chicken broth makes it so much better. If you’ve never tried it, you must. It’s a game changer and adds a great taste as well! You could use vegetable broth as well.
If you love this, you may also love:
Quick Honey Garlic Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp
- ¼ cup soy sauce we love to use tamari
- 2-4 tbsp honey per your preference! we used 3 tbsp
- 1 tsp fresh ginger optional
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- red pepper flakes optional
- broccoli steamed or roasted
- jasmine rice
- On a paper towel lined sheet pan, lay out your shrimp. Dry on each side with a paper towel.
- Pour your shrimp into a bowl and season with sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder if using.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, and fresh ginger if you're using it. Pour half of the mixture over the shrimp and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a large pan with avocado oil. Add in fresh garlic here if you're using. Pour in your shrimp and let it sizzle and cook for a few minutes. Pour on the rest of the sauce.
- Cook the shrimp for about 3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- To serve: in your bowl add jasmine rice, steamed broccoli, honey garlic shrimp and any additional tops! Chili sauce, green onions, sesame seeds, and enjoy!