Hi, it’s Thomas again! Lex and I do work together so hopefully you’re not tired of me yet, haha. Confession, I love dipping chicken in BBQ sauce because it is just so dang good. We are still keeping it practical and easy over here while we count down the days till the boys go back to school. Not that we are wishing summer away but you know what I mean, right? Enough parent confession, back to the recipe. We marinated chicken breasts in our new favorite BBQ sauce from Costco and grilled them to make an absolute favorite for the entire family! A total of three ingredients were used to make this BBQ chicken, and well, we were all satisfied!
What you need to make grilled BBQ chicken breasts + substitutions:
- Chicken breasts- We opted for chicken breasts this time but the reality is chicken thighs and drumsticks would work just fine! Only difference would be in the cook times.
- Kinders organic mild BBQ sauce- We have been using this sauce all summer and loving it. It is so good on everything! We got a big 2 pack package from Costco and it’s fantastic on these grilled BBQ chicken breasts.
- Sea salt- We use sea salt for every single thing we make. Sweet and savory because it brings out the flavor. Our favorite brand of sea salt is hands down Redmond! We even recently got a discount code daddioskitchen for 15% off!
- Corn, sweet potatoes, and salad- We paired our chicken with grilled corn, air fried sweet potatoes, and a salad and it was a delicious meal. You could obviously pair yours with whatever you prefer!
If you love this, you may also love:
Alright, let’s get to making the recipe! Enjoy!
Grilled BBQ Chicken Breasts
- 1½ lbs chicken breasts sliced in half to make thinner
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup Kinders organic mild BBQ sauce
- Pat dry chicken breasts with paper towel to remove any moisture.
- Slice chicken breasts down the middle. Not necessary but they cook much faster on the grill.
- Add the chicken breasts to a mixing bowl. Pour in the sea salt and BBQ sauce. Mix well making sure all the chicken is coated.
- Cover the bowl and place chicken in fridge for at least 1 hour but up to 6-8 hours to marinate.
- When you're ready to grill, remove the chicken from fridge and bring to room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill on medium high heat at 400-450°. Place chicken on grill and cook for 7 minutes on each side. Paste more bbq sauce on using a brush to your liking after flipping. Internal temperature should be 165°F degrees. Enjoy!