Hi, this is Thomas! I hope everyone has been enjoying our recipes! If you are busy with kids and in need of easy delicious recipes that are quick, then we’re in the same boat. With three little boys, it has honestly become a chore putting dinner on the table. That’s the problem we’re trying to solve, so look no further because we got you covered. I was in Whole Foods and found chicken drumsticks on sale so I grabbed some, because we love them and they’re perfect for the grill or oven. They’re also often more affordable than breasts or thighs these days. For this recipe, we combined a few ingredients to make juicy delicious chicken healthy and perfect for the whole family. We used fresh rosemary from our garden which is always way more fun! We hope you enjoy!
What you need to make lemon rosemary chicken drumsticks + substitutions:
- Chicken drumsticks- We used chicken drumsticks for this recipe and they were so fabulous. A fun change up to the usual chicken dish. However, chicken breasts and thighs would work fine as well. You’d just have to adjust the cook times.
- Olive oil- The olive oil adds a great brightness and lightness to these lemon rosemary chicken drumsticks. It helps crisp them up and add additional flavor.
- Lemon juice- The lemon helps to tenderize the chicken and gives it a nice bright flavor.
- Sea salt- We use sea salt for every single thing we make. Sweet and savory because it brings out the flavor. Our favorite brand of sea salt is hands down Redmond! We even recently got a discount code daddioskitchen for 15% off!
- Black pepper- Black pepper is always essential too!
- Garlic powder- Thomas always cooks with garlic because it brings out so much delicious flavor.
- Onion powder- The onion powder also adds some delicious flavor for these chicken drumsticks.
- Fresh rosemary- We had some rosemary in our garden that we’ve been wanting to use and they were perfect for this dish. You could use dried as well, but the fresh was fantastic.
- Grass-fed butter- Adding little dots of butter before cooking just adds so much flavor, helps the chicken to crisp up, and is just fabulous. We love kerrygold!
If you love this, you may also love:
Lemon Rosemary Chicken Drumsticks
- 1½ lbs chicken drumsticks
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tbsp salted butter cubed
- fresh lemon slices for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 425F degrees.
- Pat dry your chicken drumsticks to dry them out. Then in a large bowl, mix the drumsticks together with the olive oil, lemon, and all the seasonings except for the butter.
- Place your chicken on a sheet pan or in a large baking dish (we used a 9x13in) and top with extra rosemary and the cubes of butter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165F degrees. We always use a meat thermometer, and this is our favorite one! If they don't get crispy enough, you can always broil them for 2-3 minutes after cooking until they brown. Just make sure to keep a close eye because they will brown quickly!
- Top with fresh lemons and extra rosemary for garnish. Serve with sides and enjoy! We did rice and steamed broccoli and it was a hit!